F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Crew Cab Owners - I Need Assistance!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Crew Cab Owners - I Need Assistance!

I need a large favor from you 4x4 Crew Cab owners...

As many of you know, I'm seriously considering a King Ranch SuperDuty as a replacement for my SuperCrew. I have one VERY MAJOR concern in that I'm not sure I'm going to fit into my garage.

Can a couple of you get your handy dandy tape measure out and measure your truck at it's highest point while on flat ground? In addition to that, can you measure bumper to bumper?

Ford's website lists the height as 80.8" for both the dually and the regular axle. I find this hard to believe and further believe that it's a 'middle of the road' number to cover both basis. Also, it lists the length as 245.8".

Can someone please confirm these measurements as found at Ford's Website?

THANK YOU!!!!!

RP

Old 02-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RP,

I was going to measure a few of ours, but they're all F-350 regular and extended cabs - not the full 4 doors. Oh yea, and we've rolled extra leaf springs under all of them because they're primarily used as snow plow trucks. One bit of advice on fitting in your garage though - If you drive in fast enough the first time ...

Hope everything works out for you on going "full macho" with a Super Duty Diesel. Will you still talk to us mere mortals?

Old 02-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Moderator &

Thanks for the attempted assistance 2... I sincerely appreciate your help...

If I may ask, do you work for a dealership?

Drive into the garage fast huh? LMAO!

Old 02-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a 2002 Crewcab with an 8' bed - I'm in PR right now, about 1,600 miles away, but from what I remember you'd need at least a 22'-0 deep garage to sqeeze it in. 25' if you want to be sure and walk around it. George K

Old 02-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RockPick,

Actually, I've got three jobs. I'm a full time engineer for a rather well known photographic company. (By the way, we have the largest private fleet of Ford vehicles east of the Mississippi as far as I know.) My other jobs are a mechanic at a marina (again, all Ford trucks) in the summer and a mechanic for a paving, plowing and landscape company in the winter. (Owned by the world's biggest Ford truck fan.) We've got 14 Ford vehicles there. Thanks for asking!

Old 02-12-2004, 07:22 PM
RP,
If you can hold off until tomorrow I can get the measurements off of mine. Not to many flat roads next to my house and it's dark so I want to be able to provide accurate measurements.

I wouldn't let a small inconvience like not fitting in the garage hold you back! GO BIG!

I just picked mine back up from the dealer today, they had to replace both front hubs and the right axle joint. When I was waiting for my ride I always pace the lot eyeballing the 04's.
Drooling over an 04 CC LB V-10 F-350 loaded for the low low price of $32K. If I wouldn't take a beating on trading in I would have walked off the lot with it.

Trust me, once you own one of these the grin never comes off your face. Just go buy it, it won't mind not being in the garage.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Rugby3
RP,
If you can hold off until tomorrow I can get the measurements off of mine...

...Trust me, once you own one of these the grin never comes off your face. Just go buy it, it won't mind not being in the garage.
Thanks man! I really appreciate it. I can definately hold off until tomorrow... no decisions have been made at this point in the game.

It won't mind being outside but, his bestest buddy might. Have you been up in the General Care forum? Noticed how often I post about wax? LOL... I have this Obcessive compulsive disorder about this type of thing.... LOL!

RP

Trending Topics

Old 02-20-2004, 07:49 AM
I have not found a residential garage that my CC 4x4 will fit into. It will only fit in commercial ones. It is way to tall and that 80" figure doesn't sound right. Maybe at the front of the cab but the rear of the cab is noticably higher. By the time you factor in the rise of the garage floor and the space occupied by the door. There is absolutely no way.

Old 02-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by seacrow
I have not found a residential garage that my CC 4x4 will fit into. It will only fit in commercial ones. It is way to tall and that 80" figure doesn't sound right. Maybe at the front of the cab but the rear of the cab is noticably higher. By the time you factor in the rise of the garage floor and the space occupied by the door. There is absolutely no way.
Thanks for the follow up but I've decided to scrap my SuperDuty thought and hold out for the 2005 F-150. Thanks again though!!!

RP

Old 02-21-2004, 10:20 AM
RP,

My new to me '02 Crew Cab 4x4 short bed fits in my garage just fine. It is just a normal 2 car garage. I believe it is 24x24 (not sure though), and I have 2 feet to spare on length, but only an inch or two of cab clearance. The truck does have a little taller tires (285/75/16), so I would assume a stocker (with 245, or 265's) would fit fine.

Last edited by rockycarl; 02-21-2004 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Moderator &

Hey Carl... you traded your SuperCrew or is that what you're referring to?

Old 02-21-2004, 03:33 PM
RP,

I recently traded on my Supercrew on a F-350 Crew Cab, Short bed Powerstroke diesel. It fits in my garage fine....it kind of surprised me that it did, though.

Last edited by rockycarl; 02-21-2004 at 03:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Crew Cab Owners - I Need Assistance!