F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

where to plug chip in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to plug chip in?

I work at a Tire shop. We are looking for another shop truck. We have a 97 chevy with spinners and various other stuff done to the 350...anyway

The car dealer across the street got a nice truck. I was all over it like **** on a blanket. Its a 2000 PSD F250, 2WD, standard cab with short box (not the huge *** ones) it had a banks stuff all over it. Not knowing anything about desils it had a bunch of gauges, 5 inch mandrel bent exhaust. Intake with filter. Boost controller. I couldnt look for injector upgrades or anything else cuz i dont know what im looking for. It had a chip that wasnt plugged in. Where is the PCM located on thoes thing? I want to plus the chip in. How do you reset the computer? The dealer owner said it didnt feel that fast. But then again the chip wasnt in there. Its that carmel color. It was a standard too.

It would look good with some 22 and the chrome acessories off it. How much power am i loosing with that chip off. I have heard how much power you can make with Diesels but does anyone have their site or can help me with looking for mods on it? Thanks guys

Ray

Last edited by BlueL; 02-28-2004 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Re: where to plug chip in?

Well if this truck had a standard cab I believe that it has to have an 8 foot bed, you can only have the shorter bed if you have and extended cab or crew cab on an F-250. I have never seen an f-250 or F-350 with a standard cab and short bed.

Originally posted by BlueL
standard cab with short box (not the huge *** ones) it had a banks stuff all over it.Ray

Old 03-02-2004, 04:21 AM
Programmer or chip??

Pcm, drivers side kick panel, pull rivet, pull cover towards back of truck..6mm screws and under the hood 8 mm socket on the electrical connector...

Better know what you are doing with that chip(electrical components damage easy to static electricity), lifting your arm can generate 10000 volts...

Good Luck...

Old 03-04-2004, 11:13 PM
You should contact Banks for help on that one......

Old 10-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Chip

If it is just a chip it should be plugged in to the back of the PCM. After removing the PCM from the truck, there should be a removable metal plate over the connection. Once you remove the metal plate you need to clean the connection very well. They say that 98% of reported problems turn out to be the connection not being cleaned properly. After cleaning the connection, plug the chip in and keep it held in with duct or packing tape. Remove the possitive connection from the battery and turn on the head lights. The lights will make sure there is no elect stored anywhere in the system and force the new code to be loaded when the terminal is reconnection. If that part is not done I am told it could take 300 to 500 miles to get the entire benifits of the new chip and thus making it very hard to see the benefits. I have just installed a chip in my own truck and this is just what I remember of the instructions. I would also follow Familyrides advice to call Banks. Good luck my truck is doing a great job on my truck.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
gaaaaaa, superduty with 22s... twitch twitch

Anyhoo, if it is a regular cab it has to be the 8 foot bed. Only way to get the six foot bed is to have a super or crew cab.

Adrianspeeder

Quick Reply: where to plug chip in?