F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

04 lariat crew injector problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 02:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 lariat crew injector problems

4th time around for warranty work on my '04 super crew. I bet all the injectors are bad and I wanted them to get with the regional ford rep to have them all replaced being I'm 2 1/2 hrs away from the nearest ford dealer but the service advisor said even if the regional guy said ok replace them all, that Ford might not pay them. He said it's happened to them before being stuck with a bill.

I think that's disgusting. Here we have a regional guy who Ford pays to run his rear end up and down the country and when he visits the dealerships, or makes the important phone calls and ok's warranty work and the hot shots in the ivory towers do not pay that dealership then Ford stinks and they don't care about nothing but their own low life selves.

After having 2 injectors replaced, they are now replacing the entire left bank. I wanted them to replace all of them but don't know if it will be done with the way he sounded. I'm to hear from the regional guy hopefully on Tuesday. Is anyone else having leaking injector problems? What is ford doing? How can these parts be do damn defective? I have ideas and reasons but won't get into it. I bought the truck in CA, then moved to AK. Ever since I got here, it's not performed. I know of the TSB out on injectors. I had 2 nissans before this and never had 1 warranty trip. With 3 Fords, I've had 10. Now that sucks. I'm so damn disgusted at Ford over these past years. Defenatly looks like my set was **** poor. Anyone else having this bs happen to them?

Old 08-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Yeah, that's a bummer. Have seen a few reports on 04 (C95) f.i. failures. Seems to be less than w/orig. C94's on 03's.

Ck. out www.thedieselstop.com 6L forum. Recent post by cottonwood "Inj. problem @ 27000mi. Had 4 failures (all one side) replaced.

Maybe rep. will have some sympathy for you, but dont hold your breath. FMC policy today, same as last yr. Will only replace the faulty ones. Seems they dont care what you think. JMO! At least thats the impression I got when I talked to FMC rep. last yr.

Good luck...OT

btw...did you ck. for fuel in oil. Sometimes fuel gets in o. (from f.i. failure) but not always. Tell/tale sign is abnormally high level on o. dip stick/very strong d. fuel smell.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:14 PM
absolutely OT. diesel fuel has flooded into the oil 3 times now. I just hope to God that the injectors that were not replaced don't send me back to the shop 2 1/2 hrs away. I guess they would have no choice then to replace the last few. But at my cost right? My cost from time out from work. It looks as though with this truck, I may have to buy me an old clunker for a back up.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:26 PM
PT

If you didnt already, ask about the oil dilution and how that affects the turbo. To much fuel in o. could cause a premature failure. Will you get a new turbo. FMC as I recall has a set procedure for this. Just a thought.

Good luck on the fix. OT

Old 08-20-2004, 04:53 AM
I read about the turbo tsb but forgot to mention this to my service advisor but did tell him to write down the tsb # on the work order but of course, they did not do it. I just picked up my truck and left. I had a long drive ahead of me and it was late. I wanted to just get out of town.

I figure if there's a tsb then they ought to figure it out unless they are lazy in that area. They replaced all but 3 injectors which were left with no detection of not not performing. It's nice to see and drive my truck in the driveway now; after being in the shop 8 days. How long I'll have my truck this time, is only a nervous experience. I feel like I'm driving on egg shells. Every day now and even before, I've been driving and always thinking when will I feel and experience that utter disbelief of a truck jerking forward, cutting out, shutting down on the hwy again. This truck has me so paranoid. This is just b.s. and I would love to see and join thousands of angry ford owners protesting outside the facility where our trucks are built.

I wonder if that has ever been done? I think it would be a good embarassment for them and hopefully a wake up call for them to clean up their act. But the take the ford to bed owners would not not want to show up except for a counter protest.

Old 08-21-2004, 03:31 AM
Maybe outside the building where the trucks are designed or the coporate hq or something, but definitely not at the plant. Those people are hard-working, God bless `em, but they can only do what Ford tells them to do.

Quick Reply: 04 lariat crew injector problems