F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

tire rotation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire rotation?

I just bought a new f250 4x4, and was wondering how you heavy duty guys rotate the tires. I just did my 2wd trucks whenever, but I know 4wds need a regular tire rotation.

1. Jacking points front and rear and type of jack used?

2. Do you use the cross rotation pattern as listed in the manual, or do you just rotate front to back/back to front?

3. Do the wheels stick to the hubs as bad as they did on my 2001 f150? I plan on putting some anti-seize grease on the hubs at my first rotation.

4. How often do you rotate your tires? I plan on doing it whenever I change my oil, but by the looks of the OEM Pirellis on my dad's F250 these tires seem to hold up well under miles.

The smiles are never ending so far.

Old 08-18-2004, 08:32 PM
If you run a 5000mi oil change interval then I'd rotate them every change. A good rule of thumb to get max life out of tires is to go every 4000mi or less. I always rotate mine front to back instead of crossing so that the tires keep turning the same direction. Jack points I just use jack stands up front and then place a floor jack under the rear diff. The hubs may stick on the hubs similar to your 01 so yes some anti sieze wouldn't be a bad idea.

Old 08-18-2004, 08:57 PM
When I had my ton truck we rotated front to back every second oil change...We changed oil every 5000K (not miles)...I agree with powerstroke73 's reasons why as well...

Quick Reply: tire rotation?