F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

All I can say is WOW

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I can say is WOW

got my super tuner last Thursday, installed it Fri, man what a difference! Since currently I'm not towing I set it at the performance level, even the mpg's have gone up according to the computer even with a few heavy accels. Really pleased with this and the truck.

Looking to intall an intake and exhaust, what intake would be good, no make that great, I'm looking to be in this truck for a long long time!

Thanks, FM

Old 08-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is an 04 with a 6.0L as I recall, correct? If so then many people are happy with the AFE stage II intakes. Others are very happy with their Tymar style intake. For my money there is another option that I'll probably pursue that would also work in your situation. It is to take a section of exhaust tubing similar to what is used in the Tymar intake. Then use a Dodge cone filter element. They are MUCH larger than alot of others out there and flow very well. I don't recall the part number right now, but Dieselsite.com sells them, which is where I got the idea (from Bob Reily). This is a build it yourself kind of deal so its not as easy as some of the others, but IMO it will filter and flow well, as well as be a little easier on the wallet. Now since you have a tuner, Superchips from the sounds of it, you can't really go by your overhead trip computer anymore. Tuners are notorious for making them read falsly. They aren't really all that accurate to begin with anyhow. Best way to calculate fuel mileage is to fill the fuel until you can see it sitting in the filler neck, then fill back up to the same spot and calculate by hand. This will be much easier if you harpoon the tank. This is cutting the vent line inside the tank so that you can fill to the top much faster without taking 10-15 min to dribble in the last 5 gal.

Quick Reply: All I can say is WOW