F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy

Just registered and thought I would say hi. Well, and ask a question. I am new to the diesel world. Are there any worthwhile modifications that can be made to the 6.0 stroke that will not void out the warranty?

Old 09-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Welcome to the boards, I'm new to the diesels also, however I would think intake and exhaust would be good mods and only void the warranties on those items changed out ( your warranty would no longer cover the exhaust system or intake)

I'm sure there are others and someone will be along shortly with more insight than I, congrats and welcome again.

FM

Old 09-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Obviously computer programmers or chips are out since that will instantly void your warranty on the engine. Fuel system upgrades are along the same lines. Unfortunetly filtration systems, however good for the vehicle, may cause you some undue problems as well. I would advise checking with your local dealer to see how mod friendly they will be. Some are more leinient than others in this matter. Ford right now is really cracking down on mods so your best course of action would be to leave it as stock as possible. I wouldn't go much farther than changing the exhaust and intake but leaving the rest stock.

Quick Reply: Howdy