F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Been here awhile, looking for F250 Diesel and have some ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Been here awhile, looking for F250 Diesel and have some ?'s

My last 4 cars were 2 seaters (vettes), my current 2 cars are 2 seaters (Ranger and Lightning). I started looking at Z06's, but the wife is busting me to get something with more than two seats (To cart around the future kids). So I just started looking into diesel trucks. I want something I can mod later with some performance enhancements like the Banks kit or something. It would probably even see a little 1/4 mile track time. I probably won't be towing anything with it, but I have always had an interest in diesels.

I can't afford an '05 so I will have to go used. Is there any advantage in getting an '03 from an '02? Is the 6.0 a lot better or worse than the 7.3?

Sorry if these questions were asked amillion times before. What do y'all think?

Old 09-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't been on this site in over a year but just stopped by today and figured I'd give my 2 cents. But it really depends on what you are looking for. I moved from a F150 to a F350. I decided to get the 7.3 liter simply because of the torque. I put mine on 42's and bigger so the more stock power the easier for me. Now the 6.0 shows bigger numbers especially horsepower, but my experience has been that the 7.3 does much better in the tq department. A friend of mine actually got rid of his brand new 6.0 because it wouldn't pull his car trailer as well as his old gaser. I know you said you aren't pulling but just thought I'd throw that out. Plus I'm not big on the first year motor. It is much quieter, but it does like any other diesel and gets louder with age. Bigger turbo though. Personally I like the 7.3 but 6.0 is great too. 02 is definately a good year though. That has a dana 60 front end much better than the dana 50 in the early 01 and older.

Quick Reply: Been here awhile, looking for F250 Diesel and have some ?'s