F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

SD dealers, anyone know any good ones?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SD dealers, anyone know any good ones?

Does anyone have any idea where I could find a dealer on the net that has a huge selection of 99-up SuperDuties? What I am looking for is a supercab, 4x4, manual, diesel, preferably shortbed, and preferably an XLT or a Lariat, and I would like for it to be around or under 20 grand, and I am having decent luck finding trucks, but either the dealers selling them don't finance or something like that every time, and I really need to trade my truck for a PSD. Anyone have any advice?

Old 10-01-2004, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have one. It is a long bed and I don't take trades or do financing though.
Aaron.

Old 10-01-2004, 01:59 AM
Thanks, man, but that ain't helping me any, unless you want just one payment for it.

Old 10-01-2004, 02:15 AM
I got your question bumped back to the top though.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Yo. My son goes to UVA-Wise. That is one nice area you live in.

Can't the Ford dealerships in Wise or Abingdon get your deal done? If not, check out autotrader.com or cars.com for potential listings in your area. Expand your search to include towns in TN, etc. You should be able to find something.

Before you go looking, go to your bank or wherever and get a loan approved before you do a deal. Unless your credit is in the hopper, your biggest challenge shouldn't be finding a truck.

Good luck.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:28 PM
I got a ticket in front of UVA Wise last night for an expired inspection sticker on my way home from work! Freedom Ford in Wise or Empire Ford in Abingdon don't ever have trucks in my price range, I go to every lot all the way from Pikeville, KY to Knoxville, TN every weekend, and I have been for about 9 months, and none of the local dealers (I guess you could call them local) have had a truck that was in any decent shape for any decent price. I find trucks on AutoTrader, but the last four were in Florida, and they got demolished by the hurricanes, and I just haven't had any luck locally. I really like Freedom Ford in Wise, even though a lot of people say that they've had trouble dealing with them. I bought my truck from Jim Goforth, a salesman there, and he's a really nice guy. I traded in a 99 Sunfire with 3,100 miles on it (I bought it new and kept it for two months), and they put it behind the fence in their backlot and gave me the truck for the weekend. He told me that if I didn't want to buy it by Monday (this was Friday night), then I could take my car and go home. Needless to say, I never saw that car again. I ask Jim every week (I go by there on my way to work), and he says that a manual 4x4 diesel supercab F-250 or F-350 (99 and newer) are just hard to find, and he said that when they are going to get one that the higher ups there usually let it go to one of their relatives before it even gets to the lot, so it would be hard to get me one. I believe my credit is good enough to finance enough to trade, I have been told before, but the truck that I worked a deal out on was 2wd, so I backed out of that deal, and now I can't find a local truck anywhere that will accept my trade in.

Quick Reply: SD dealers, anyone know any good ones?