F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Lets Hear From '05 F250 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets Hear From '05 F250 Owners

Just wanted to hear from any new owners of the '05 F250. Thoughts, problems, etc..,

Thanks

Old 10-08-2004, 09:57 PM
I just bought one and all I can say is AWSOME! Rides better than my 01 screw and it gets up and moves! I don't believe there is a nicer truck out there. The only complaint I have is the tiny tires. Here's a pic of mine.

Old 10-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's just awesome, man. I have to get me a SuperDuty!

Old 10-08-2004, 11:54 PM
One bad truck. Congrats.

Old 10-09-2004, 06:22 PM
I have an 04 like yours! I hope you enjoy your 05!!

Old 10-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 1BADRIDE
I just bought one and all I can say is AWSOME! Rides better than my 01 screw and it gets up and moves! I don't believe there is a nicer truck out there. The only complaint I have is the tiny tires. Here's a pic of mine.
Wow 1BADRIDE! Nice-looking Superduty!

What size tires are they? Mine came with the 235/85s and I sold them and bought a set of BFG All-Terrains in 285/75 and they filled the wheelwells up alot better.

Have fun with the new truck!

Old 10-10-2004, 10:12 PM
I believe the tires are 265's, but I'm gonna shove some 35's under it the first chance I get....lol

Old 11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Wife bought me a new 05 Crew Cab Short Box PSD. Has pretty much every option except PTO. I"ve had it 4 weeks now with 2800 miles. And NO Problems.

It drives great! Smoother driving on the interstate & Slightly smoother on rough dirt roads, than our 02 Excursion.

Power does seem better especially once the turbo spools up. Although I still plan on drag racing the 2 side by side.

The 6.0L is quieter except for at the fast food drive up speakers. (I think they should mount those speakers higher instead of down on the ground, The Ricers can Yell Up!)

I have noticed the interior lights suddenly brightning up about 45 seconds after start up, That may be the second alternator kicking in.

The only complaint is: I get headlights flashed at me by every 3rd or 5th car. They don't appear to be high, but they must be awfull bright!

I Love the way the rear seat fold up for inside cargo. and the drivers side glove box is handy.
Roof console is kinda cheezy compaired to the 02 Excursion. No place for the garage door opener or Sun glasses. Doesn't have the dual sunvisors or the Home Link.

Over All I Love It!!
The Wife bought if for me because she got tired of me borrowing her Excusion every time I needed tow a trailer. But she let me keep the Lightning since it paid for.

Old 11-24-2004, 04:39 PM
The problems that I had with my 2005 so far, were that the paint came off one of the fender emblems (I replaced it myself), power steering line was leaking, squeaks in the rear suspension and a clunking noise under the driver's side door. Hopefully, I will have no more. Bugman.

Old 11-24-2004, 06:54 PM
My Baby

Just picked her up Saturday I am a old member have not posted in awhile
[url]https://www.f150online.com/galleries/mygallery.cfm?gnum=5001[/url[IMG]

I don't know how to just post the pic in this thread, any help?

Last edited by S Campbell; 11-24-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: My Baby

Originally posted by S Campbell
Just picked her up Saturday I am a old member have not posted in awhile
[url]https://www.f150online.com/galleries/mygallery.cfm?gnum=5001[/url[IMG]

I don't know how to just post the pic in this thread, any help?
Check out the QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE forum. Do a search once there and you'll find OODLES of posts on how to post a picture.

RP

Old 11-25-2004, 10:43 AM

Last edited by Superbeast54; 11-25-2004 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:49 AM
05 F250 XLT 5.4 AUTO (torkshift)3.73LS FX4 Crew Cab, Moon Roof, Cab lights, trailer brake controller build in, 6 disk Cd in dash, factory fog lights, wedge wood blue with silver botton two tone towing package tow mirrirs

Well we picked it up Nov 2, We love the truck. There are some things that really suck about it,

No pockets behind the seat for maps, there no place to put them so they wont get messed up, theres is a six disk in dash CD player but only 5 slots in the console to hold the cases, this is just such a stupid thing!!! Were do ya put the sixth case, in the Drivers side glove box!! I would like it for other things, plus a cd case takes up the usable space in the second glove box so you cant enjoy the full use of it. The drivers clove box is a nice thing to have, a well thought out idea. I know I know dont be so critical, but these are things about a vehicle that make people enjoy them, comfort and convenience, Now I love Ford and woundn't buy any other truck, but this is crazy!!! We had a 01 F150 supercrew and sold it before buying the 05 F250. The 01 F150SCrew had a moon roof, and the cluster that controled the sunroof had a compass and temp display in it. It was all housed in one nice peice of plastic, very visable and ....just convenient. The 05 F250 has the same pod as the F150 but no compass or temp display, just a blank panel. You cant even get the comp or temp display in the superduty series unless you buy the King Ranch and it is just a comp. in the mirror. The GM and Dodge all have nice DTE, Temp, Comp, trips odemters, etc in them, just nice things for traveling or just to have if ya don't.

With all the research I did before I bought this truck, and finding out that the superduty trucks and F150's were Fords bread and butter. You would think that they would be doing a little better in the design department. Now I looked at all manufactors after buying this truck to see what ideas they had, like take for instance Dodge, they got pockets for everything, there is storage under seats, behind stuff, in things and so on. Now I would never buy a chysler peice of **** but, I wish Ford would step up to the plate and design a well thought out truck. I shouldn't have to pay for a King Ranch model (which I think are ugly in color and design) just to get map pockents behinds a seats or a Lariet that only comes in leather (dont like leather in a truck), But i like some of the options on the Lariet and King Ranch offer. But thay still don't have a compass and temp display but it does have a comp in the mirror. That is old technology. People buy these superduty trucks for towing, working, playing and all other things. Every dealer we talked to (in Delaware) said these are for work only and dont have the confort of the F150. That is crazy. Maybe I am missing something in my brain, but I dont think it is to crazy to have some comfort or well thought designs. We bought ours superduty because we bought a new Travel Trailer and travel with it. Some of these things would be nice to have. But really I love my truck, I would buy another one. My point is Ford needs to start making some well thought out designs and make it nicer for travling. I see tons of people with these trucks on the highways, with campers and all kinds of equipment..... Traveling!!! Is there anybody else out there with me here?

The only thing where having trouble with, is the transmission taking for ever going into reverse. The dealer is telling me that there is a solenoid bad in the trans but they cant get one because there in high demand right now. Many 05 superdutys are having this problem. So if you have a 05 with torqshift check to make sure your transmission isn't taken more than 2 or 3 second before engaging intop rev. On mine, the hotter it gets, the longer it takes to go into rev.

It is really a minor problem and will be fixed. We also had a small brake pull but, was just a air bouble in the ABS system and they fixed it by doing a power bleeding flush on the system. Other than that, the truck is AUSOME. Thanks for reading

Happy Holidays!!! :santa:

Last edited by bspan27801; 12-09-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:03 PM
theres no temp gauge/compass next to the odometer, like on the '04 F150?

Old 12-20-2004, 09:16 AM
Nope not even an option! I wish it was.

Quick Reply: Lets Hear From '05 F250 Owners