F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Got a newer Truck, looking for info

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got a newer Truck, looking for info

Well,

I have progressed from the 93 F150, to my 99 F250 SD V10 XLT 4x4 to my latest, a 02 F350 Lariat 4x4 Dualie with the 7.3 Turbo Diesel.

On the way to work today, the computer read out stated I was getting 23.7 MPG, I reset it several times during the 60 mile trip and it would go back to this reading, it would move up and down .3 or .4, so I know it was not a static number.. Is this correct? My V10 was lucky to get 13 MPG down hill!

Second question, block heaters.. I can't find the plug where FMC said it would be located if equipped. I would think that being a Lariat, that it would have one...

Anyway, Love my new toy, plus it only has 29K miles on it!

Justin

Old 10-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take a look up behind the bumper on both sides. Some people have found it on the passenger side and some on the drivers side. On some of these trucks its very hard to find them. As for the overhead console mileage you can throw that right out the window. Even from the factory they don't read very accurately. Also if you ever add a chip or tuner it will throw it even more out of wack. I would wager that given your truck your mileage will be 20mpg or less. With my 99 I get 17-18mpg unloaded babying it on long trips. I would imagine that you're somewhere in that range or a little less due to the added weight you have to carry around. The only sure way to find out the mileage is to fill up the tank so you can see the fuel sitting in the filler neck. This is where the harpoon tank mod (basically shortening the vent line in tank) is very helpful. It won't take 5 min to dribble in the last 5 gal of fuel. But since diesel foams so much the pump won't click off at the same point every time. Then hand calculate mileage once you have an accurate fuel amount.

Quick Reply: Got a newer Truck, looking for info