F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Another option for SDuty Headlight switch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-1999, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Another option for SDuty Headlight switch?

Just purchased my SuperDuty about 1 month ago after selling my 1997 Off-Road package F150. One thing I noticed was that the headlight switch appeared to be the same in both the 150 and the Super Duty. Both trucks have the option of pulling the switch out when the headlights are in the "on" position. In my f150, this option turned on the factory fog lights. Even though there are not factory fogs for the superduty available, has anyone made use of this switch for aftermarket fogs/driving lights? If so, looking for how you did it. Thanks

Old 08-02-1999, 01:52 PM
There is a factory fog light kit for the SD. There was some talk about the switch at www.ford-diesel.com in the forums. I do not think there are contacts in all the switches...but don't quote me on that.

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights installed, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR
open airbox w/ K&N filtercharger.

Old 08-24-1999, 09:08 PM
Exclamation

As I understand the switch, the pull out feature is required so that you can insert a tool into the end oposite of the pointer to remove the ****, so that the switch assembly can be removed.

I doub't that the required circut is in the non-fog light switch.

Quick Reply: Another option for SDuty Headlight switch?