F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2000 Stereo questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-1999, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2000 Stereo questions?

I was just down at a local stereo shop and he claims that he just installed a system in a 2000 SD and there were factory spots for tweeters in the door, but there were not any tweeters in them. This truck had the "premium" sound system.

Since my damn truck is STILL on order I can't look myself.

Can anybody verify this for me? Is this new in the 2000?

Also i heard from one shop that a double din reciever would work (with a little mods) and another said it would work without any mods. Any experience in this area?

------------------
On ORDER: 2000 250 XLT,4x4 , CC, V10, 3.73LS, Camper Pckg., LWB, Silver, 4wheel ABS, Power Telescoping mirrors, ESOF, due in October.

Old 08-27-1999, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Brandon,

Except for a change to the door trim applique there arn't any changes to the doors that would be there for a tweeter installation. I'm sure you could use a 3-way speeker, but I'm completly unaware of any provisions in either the Light or Super Duty F-Series Trucks. In a SD, there is a black trim pannel that covers the mirror mounts (this pannel is called a sail (SP?) pannel) and would be a likly place to mount tweeters, but they wouldn't point the best direction.

As for adding a CDDJ, I've found the following that I plan on purchasing for my truck. The AutoToys (http://store.autotoys.com) information on the "FORD: CHANGER CD 10 DISC #5". comes with a interface from Soundgate.

SoundGate (http://www.soundgate.com)offers interfaces to allow direct plug-in of Sony 10-disc Uni-Link (and Mini-Disc), or Alpine changers (Kenwood coming soon!) to Ford DIN and-a-half, and oval (ICP) radios. The interface uses factory connectors for connection to the new changer. One of three harnesses is then used to interface with the applicable makes and models of cars and trucks. All wiring is done through the harness - A truly "plug-in" installation.

Sony Interfaces

SFBD2V2 - 10-disc Uni-Link
SFBD2MD - Mini-Disc

Interface Cables (one required per vehicle):

FC2 - T-harness at radio location to interface 1995-1998
FC3 - T-harness at rear control unit to interface 1996-1999 Taurus and others with Distributed Audio Systems (DAS).
FC5 - T-harness at radio to interface 1998 Combo radios and all 1999 Ford CD changer capable radios (except Taurus, see FC3).

For my SD and a Sony I need: Model #SFC5 Cable, and FRDSW2 Interface.

------------------
Thanks,
Will

------------------
2000 F-250 SD Crew Cab, Short Bed, Lariat, 4X2, V-10, Auto, 3.73LS

Quick Reply: 2000 Stereo questions?