F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

SQUEAKY FRONT END

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-1999, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy SQUEAKY FRONT END

The front end of my 99 superduty has had this really nasty squeak since it was new. It seems to be where the drivers side leaf spring attaches to the vehicle (right under the driver). The dealer says they are working on the problem but I have had just about all I can take of the squeak. I understand the 2000's may have this problem fixed. Does anyone have any updated info on this problem? Also, there is something else making a popping sound when the front end is in motion. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Clif

Old 08-28-1999, 06:35 PM
Ford has a TSB out on the problem. I've been tring to get a dealer to fix my for a month now with no luck. I talked to one dealer and they faxed me the TSB for it, Article Mo. 99-16-3. All they are suppose to do are replace the front spring tip isolators (Part no. F81Z-5586-AA (Qty. 4). That dealer told me the parts were on back order and they wouldn't be getting any for at least a month. I called another dealer and they acted like they didn't even know what a TSB is. As for your popping noise, this TSB doesn't seem to cover that. I don't know what your problem is there.

Old 08-30-1999, 09:27 AM
My front end has been squeaky since I brought the truck home. I have added a 4 inch front lift since then which changed the leafs and the bushing that the leaf bolt slides through. Still squeaky. I thought this was because I have never owned a vehicle with a solid front axle and leafs before. Maybe the squeaks ARE something I could get taken care of??

Old 08-31-1999, 09:04 PM
If you've changed the leaf springs that TSB won't work for you. All they do is change the little rubber pads between the two springs right where they come together at the shackles.

Quick Reply: SQUEAKY FRONT END