F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

5.4L SD computer w/ SuperChip installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-1999, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Craig,

I must have missed your post, I don't get to this section very often these days. You can almost always reach me, our contact info is below for your convenience.

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 04-22-2002, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchip and 90mm MAS

I have an opportunity to put a 90MM Mass Airflow but I am told that I have to have the Superchip reburned....is this true Mike?

Old 04-22-2002, 10:36 PM
Re: Superchip and 90mm MAS

Originally posted by TommyRox
I have an opportunity to put a 90MM Mass Airflow but I am told that I have to have the Superchip reburned....is this true Mike?
Yep! Otherwise you'd likely be living with a lean condition. Also, I think you'll get different opinions but unless you're supercharging or doing some other major engine mods, the larger MAF would do much but reduce the size of your wallet.

Old 04-23-2002, 05:04 PM
Clif,

When I installed my Superchip, I modified the plastic ECU housing to leave room for the chip. In otherwords, I cut away the part of the mounting bracket that covered the area where the chip plugs into the ECU. I don't think it is a good idea to put a lot of pressure on the chip as it's plugged into the ECU - too much force on the circuit boards and connector. Also, since I have a flip-chip, I had to make room for the wire harness, that comes out of the chip. Just to be sure, I also taped the chip in place. Even with these changes, it was still tuff to get the mounting screw back in place, but it is important to get the screw back in, since it grounds the case of the ECU through the ground clip and mounting bracket.

Dan

Old 04-24-2002, 10:25 AM
LOoks as though I am going to pass on the new mass airflow sensor for now - thanks for the input !

TommyRox

Quick Reply: 5.4L SD computer w/ SuperChip installation