F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

If interested in the Swamper SSR's for your SuperDuty

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-1999, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaydu,
Got to ask this question. Are you going to go back and have them do it right? I don't know what you paid for the setup but, hey, it was your money they got. Make them make it right. Don't leave until they do. Why should you have to spend the time and effort when you paid them to get it right in the first place. I have never purchased those tires but I have purchased wheels before and tires before and complete sets of tires and wheels before. I did not get out of their face until they got it right.
Rick

[This message has been edited by RickK (edited 09-09-1999).]

Old 09-09-1999, 09:21 PM
Rick, you are absolutely correct. And believe me, I would be right back in their faces. Only problem being that I purchased the tires and wheels through 4wheel parts warehouse in California through mailorder. I live on the East Coast. The darn things weighed so much that they came to my house in the trailor of a Peterbuilt. I guarentee that they will try to stick me for shipping one way (at least $100) plus they have this clause that states something like "if you drive on them at all, they are no longer responsible" I heard from two other people since I placed my order through 4wheel parts and both of them said that the balancing that they recieved from the vendor was definatley sub-professional and both people had to have their tires rebalanced.
Kinda stuck I guess....
Only consolation is that through the local garage, we order alot of stuff from 4wheelparts. After the balancing problem and the 2 week delay in shipping since I was quoted a stck item that did not exist, I will be happily joining the growing list of happy customers to National Tire and Wheel.
Chris

Old 09-10-1999, 12:11 AM
4x4
Have the same problem with my swamper Sx's, can't get them balanced and they are all over the place. CHAYDU, I trie this once with my lift problems I had with 4wheelparts, go to there web page and e-mail them with your problem. Complain and tell them how much you respected them as a company and then say how disappointed you were in their sevices. Tell them next time you will take your business else where. I did this when they forgot to put my add-a-leaf on my truck that came with my lift kit. I confronted them about it and this is when they told me I had the National Spring kit and that the add-a-leaf didn't come with that kit even though it comes with the procomp kit. My truck sat very uneven(higher in front) and they wanted to charge me another 150 to put in the leaf. I e-mailed corporate and 2 days later I got a call from the local store asking when I wanted to come in to put on my free add-a-leaf. I hated to go to corporate but I felt like they lied to me saying the kit was a procomp kit at first and then saying it wasn't so they didn't have to put on the leaf. Anyway try it, it might work for you.

------------------
99 F250SD Black Lariat Crew Cab 4x4, 5inch National Spring lift, 35x15.50 Swampers, 16.5x9.75 Weld Scorpios, Full Billet grill, LIne-X liner, Procomp and Rancho shocks, 40 Series Flowmaster, recalibrated speedo, superchipped,K&N filter,2 JL audio 10's behind rear seat, audio art 6channel amp

Old 09-10-1999, 12:42 AM
Post If interested in the Swamper SSR's for your SuperDuty

Super People, :-)
After reading numerous good reports on the Superswamper SSR, I went out and bought a set of 4 35x12.50 16.5's for my 4 inch lifted SuperDuty. Unless I just purchased an unlucky set of tires, these new tires (that were supposed to give a beautiful street ride compared to all other Swamper models) are not performing as well as I had hoped. Absolutely nothing like the smooth sailing BFG MT's that I had on there which were just great.
Putting the "singing" on the highway aspect aside (i figured they would make some noise considering they still have the swamper name on them) these monsters are next to impossible to balance. I attempted to balance the tires this morning and 2 of the tires actually called for 10 oz. of weight in a 1 inch area on the rim!! A 10oz wheel weight is something that you only find on the BIG rigs! Since we did not want to clip any weights to the outside of the wheel and ruin the beautiful aluminum finish, we used "stick ons throughout the inside of the rim. Loading up the particular area that the balancing machine called for, we were still between .5 and 3 oz. off for all 4 tires. Although this seems slight, it WILL cause a shake in the wheel over 50 mph. This is where I had to leave it since no more weights would fit on the rim.
Just my humble opinion, but if you are going to try these new SSR Radials, be prepared for a balancing nightmare. AND DON"T TRUST 4WHEEL PARTS WAREHOUSE TO BALENCE THEM FOR YOU IF YOU ARE BUYING THE TIRE AND WHEEL PACKAGE DEAL! Their bad balancing job was the reason I had to attempt to balance them again this morning. When I put their supposedly balanced tire on the machine, they were around 8 to 9 oz. off!! No wonder my truck was all over the place. I am sure the swamper will be great in the mud and in the woods but when it comes to the street and the highway, this set of 4 just don't cut it.
For the depth of the mud that I encounter with my new truck, I'll be back to the BFG MT's next year!
Peace,
Chris

Old 09-10-1999, 07:25 AM
Complain to your crdit card company also. They have some influence also. They can hold partial payment until the dispute is resolved.

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights installed, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR,
Flowmaster Delta 40 series, open airbox w/ K&N filtercharger.

Quick Reply: If interested in the Swamper SSR's for your SuperDuty