F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Complete Stere Install In Crew Cab!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2000, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Complete Stere Install In Crew Cab!

I just finished completing and posting pics of stereo installation in my Crew Cab Superduty! I took step by step pics of the whole process and posted them for others to see!

This includes everything from installing an aftermarket radio, changing out those crappy Ford speakers in the door panels, installation of a small amp to give those door panel speakers a little boost, custom installation of a CD changer where the driver can actually reach it, building your own speaker box to fit behind the back seat (dimensions included), installing and wiring two high-power amplifiers for that special "kick," installing a capacitor to help your battery last, and a shot or two of under-the-hood goodies!

Even if you aren't into the "bass" or the "boom" (I just like quality sound ), you may take interest into slightly improving your factory sound by adding a changer or swapping your door speakers. All of the installation was done by myself with the help of a friend or two here and there (removing that back seat by yourself is a b*tch!). If you have any ???'s feel free.

Clicking the link in my signature below will take you to my Photopoint album index. There is a section titled "2000 Superduty Crew Cab Stereo Install."

------------------
2000 F-250 SD XLT CC LB AT 3:73LS 6.8L
My 2000 SuperDuty

Old 03-09-2000, 02:46 PM
J-C
Thumbs up

What an awsome project!!

I can't wait to see this truck in person.

GREAT JOB!!

------------------
1999 F-250 XLT Super Duty Crew Cab Long Bed
V-10, Automatic 4R100, 4.30 Limited Slip.
GVW = 6700# Towing Capacity = 13,300#
4 Wheel ABS disks + Reese 15K hitch
Dark Hunter Green. Ford Running Boards.
Grey Rhino-Liner. Captain's Chairs. CD+Tape
Polished Stainless Steel Wheel-well Molding http://members.home.net/jchartier/jnctrk.html

Old 08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I was Stoked when I came across this post; Just what I need to see for my o4 SD F250 Crew project, but the links not available anymore! Did anyone save it, and can repost or send it to me? Thanks. I'll keep searching for other similar posts

Old 08-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Wags02
I was Stoked when I came across this post; Just what I need to see for my o4 SD F250 Crew project, but the links not available anymore! Did anyone save it, and can repost or send it to me? Thanks. I'll keep searching for other similar posts
this thread you posted in is 12 years old...

keep searching you might find a more current thread...

Quick Reply: Complete Stere Install In Crew Cab!