F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Mods.?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2000, 01:50 AM
TF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mods.?

My friend just bought a 2000 F-250 PSD 4x4, SC, SB, 6sp. He's wondering what kind of mods. he can add to help performance a bit, as if it needed any! But he wants to make it breathe a little better, ie. exhaust, K&N air filter? It's already one hell of a truck, he just put on 33x14.50" SSR's with a 1.5" front suspension lift. Soon to come are a diamond plated toolbox and a billet grille. He gets stares wherever he goes! It almost puts my '90 F-150 4x4 to shame. Any ways, just wondering what kind of mods. you guys do to those Power Strokes. I'm trying to convince him to put a chip in there.

Old 04-07-2000, 02:08 AM
Take a look at www.ford-diesel.com for a TON of PSD info. The chip would be a great place to start. It'll add some ungodly amount of power. Something like 50hp and 100tq.(75hp and 150tq for the offroad chip)

Old 04-08-2000, 12:42 AM
If I remember right, there's a BANKS power kit for the PSD too. I think its a blower

Old 04-08-2000, 04:53 PM
Thumbs up

Also have him check out guages too, especially if he's adding the superchip. Try this site and follow it to gauges. www.vdona.com

------------------
2000 F250 Crew Cab 4x2 6 speed Diesel XLT Super Duty, Woodland Green
Power Mirrors, 3.73 LS, Captains Chairs, ARE tonneau top, mud flaps
Trailer tow Pkg, Class IV hitch, sliding rear window, running boards
rear privacy glass, 265/75/16 AS OWL tires, am/fm/cassette/cd
Clarion APA 5240 amp, Memphis speakers:Components front, 5x7 rear, 10"sub
SuperChip, Stepshields, Ventshields on windows, rubber bed mat
rugged liner bedliner on tailgate
unaFORDable (decal on tailgate)

Old 04-12-2000, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear TF,

Your friend is going to need more power with those huge tires and a lift kit on it. It looks fantastic of course, but what happens is that the larger tires cause an effective change in gear ratio, and hence cause the engine to turn considerably less rpm's for a given speed. That will hurt performance very noticeably every time, and then when this is compounded by lifting the vehicle up and increasing aerodynamic drag, you definately need more power.

The Superchip is an excellent place to start, as it will add 50 horsepower and 100 lbs./ft. of torque, It will also firm up the shift characteristics of the automatic transmission if so equipped, improve fuel mileage, and remove the top speed limiter as well. There are several power levels available, depending on just how far he wants to take his PSD.

Please feel free to give us a shout for further details, etc., and good luck to your friend!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Old 04-12-2000, 05:08 PM
Try calling Paul Sviniki @ Paul's High Perf. He designs/builds/sells custom PSD power packages. Ask him about his own personal 700ft/lbs Superduty.
Ricky

Old 04-15-2000, 04:20 AM
TF
Wink

Thanks for the replies. I'll be sure and suggest to him the superchip. He's already put so much money into the truck so far, (35-36k) and he isn't even old enough to drink yet! So he has his hands full with payments, but I'll make sure the next thing he invests his money in is a chip. You order those things, now, right? Oh, by the way, his turbo charger just blew out this week, and he had to have it replaced! Only 1300 miles on the engine. Is this like a fluke, or does he need to be worried about that turbo? Thanks once again!

Trending Topics

Old 04-16-2000, 08:06 AM
TF: you really should get your friend to check out www.ford-diesel.com they can advise him about that turbo going out. Personally from all the reading I've done over on that board, I haven't heard much of anything about turbo's going out. So most likely it's a fluke. My starter solinoid (spelling???) went out on mine while it was being transported to the dealer. Also a fluke!! About the chip: you get a discount on this board for being a member so look into giving Mike T a call or send him an e-mail and he'll get those prices to you. Do tell your friend to wait until that turbo is fixed and to maybe put a few more miles onto it to make sure the new one is OK too. I added the superchip onto my diesel when I had about 500 miles on but I also didn't have any problems (after ford fixed the solinoid that is).

Quick Reply: Mods.?