F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Superduty Problems so far

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2000, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It happened again!!

3,000 miles came around, and I had to change oil again.

The machine just keeps on purrin' - or is that snarlin'??

------------------
1999 F250SD, XLT, 4x2, SC, V10, 4.30, LT235x85x16R, Longbed, Diamond plate mud flaps,Trailer tow Pkg, Class IV hitch, Camper special, sliding rear window, rear privacy glass, Ford rain gutters, Line-X, Lund wind deflector, Banks Trans Command, Banks tranny temp guage with Auto Meter single guage pod. Reese 15K fifth wheel hitch

Old 03-20-2000, 01:40 AM
3000 miles in a minute?? Dam, that's fast....LOL

My steering wheel is squeaking again! Why can't they fix it!! This time I want new bushings or a whole new column. Back to the dealer again...

Old 03-20-2000, 02:08 PM
Wink

That did look kind of funny. What I was trying to do was edit my spelling error (snarlin')

Old 03-23-2000, 08:59 PM
Lightbulb

Ok I think I have found the squeak/groan in front suspension. If you look at your front springs, the rear bushing that is bolted to the frame, it is not made properly, the center metal sleeve is not long enough and the actual bushing housing is rubbing metal to metal against the spring shackle. I found this and pointed it out to the service writer, and he totally ignored me. He tells me it is the strap around the springs that is squeaking so they ordered me a new spring......hehe. Me being a mechanic knew better, So I leave the dealer(squeak is worse) and head back to my shop, crawl underneath and loosen bushing/shackle bolt just enough so that its not metal to metal...WHALA.....noise is gone. drove 2400 miles round trip to Florida and back with no noise.
I call my bud in parts at the same dealer and tell him to order in the bushings and shackle. I return to make appointment and me and parts guy take bushings and shackle out to service writer and explain the whole thing and he was suprised at my findings. The new bushings look like the inner metal sleeve is a tad longer, if that doesnt work I will put a small washer in to make up the clearance. Truck goes in on Monday for bushings(hee hee). Hope this helps you guys with noisy front springs.

------------------
Spence
90 mustang LX--10.18/134.7
96 mustang GT--12.42/109.8
both vortech'd and aod's

2000 F-350 CC Dually v-10
http://www.hartracing.com

Old 04-21-2000, 11:25 PM
Cool

Have a 99 F-350 Lariat crew cab dually PSD 4R-100 that was built in Oct.of 98. I don't put a lot of miles on it but pull a 32' triple axle trailer with the Bonneville Streamliner in it.
GCVWR is over 20,000 lbs. and its always in the summer in the desert and I don't go slow.
So farI had the fuel tank recall, the upgraded air filter, the upgraded torque converter, new front pump, and still waiting on a proper fix for the 3-4 upshift when in cruise control. Love the truck but have not had this many problems ever with a new Ford truck. This ia a much nicer truck than my 96 PSD crew cab but I had no trouble with it at all.

------------------

Quick Reply: Superduty Problems so far