F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

MAX COMFORT - Cloth vs Leather captains??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2001, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MAX COMFORT - Cloth vs Leather captains??

I am getting set to order an F250 Lariat V10 SC 4x4. I would like to know what seats you find more comfortable for long trips, the cloth or leather captain chairs? Any insight appreciated.

------------------

Old 01-02-2001, 06:25 PM
Thumbs up

I've got cloth but that's because I flat don't like leather. Now my dog on the other hand does like leather The cloth is comfortable and you don't stick to it when it's roasting outside. Also it doesn't feel that cold and is still soft feeling when it's freezing outside. I would say that cloth is a bit more to keep clean if you have kids or dogs that like to spill things and not tell. Leather is pretty easy to just wipe up. I've found a cleaner that takes out any kind of spots in the cloth so I really don't worry about it. I've heard horror stories about leather not holding up (or tearing at the seams), haven't heard anything bad about cloth. I got the cloth because that's what I like. If I liked the leather I would have gotten that. Get the one you like. If you have problems, just make sure you're still under warrenty so Ford can fix it for you. As far as being comfortable on a long haul, I only know about the cloth captains chairs. They are very comfortable to me.

------------------
2k F250 CC SWB 6 speed 4x2 Diesel XLT Super Duty, Woodland Green
Power Mirrors, 3.73 LS, Captains Chairs, ARE tonneau top, rear privacy glass
TT Pkg, Class IV hitch, sliding rear window, running boards, mud flaps
265/75/16 AS OWL tires, am/fm/cassette/cd, rechargable MagLite
Clarion APA 5240 amp, Memphis speakers:Components front, 5x7 rear, 10"sub
SuperChip, Stepshields, Ventshields on windows, rubber bed mat
rugged liner bedliner on tailgate, quick disconnect jumper cables
unaFORDable (decal on tailgate) Western Diesel Turbo Brake (whoa boy)
Finally gauges!!: Pyrometer & Boost on the A-Pillar mount

Old 01-02-2001, 07:12 PM
I would have to say that the cloth is more comfortable to me. I also have a few customers whining about their leather captians chairs being uncomfortable on long trips. Leather is however easier to clean w/ kids etc., but WILL tear easier and cracks out and looks like crap after awhile.

Old 01-21-2001, 01:57 AM
the nudo leather on the 2001 models is great.
much softer and nicer looking than the 99/00
leather ford used(course grain and rather stiff). nudo leather is used on f150super crew and lincoln navigator and is the top of the line leather for ford.

Old 02-09-2001, 11:36 AM
Cool

I have the cloth 60-40 seat. I drive over 50,000 a year and the cloth is more comfortable for me. I found out the hard way the the Captain's Chair armrests are too short to give you a good platform to lean on. I had a stiff neck and back on all my cross country trips. The 60-40 seat has a fold down armrest that is much more comfortable (for me). The leather looks nice, but you slide around on it. Cloth breathes better. I've had both, and the Captain's Chairs look nice, and are comfortable for short trips, but my personal preference is the cloth bench for long haul driving.

Quick Reply: MAX COMFORT - Cloth vs Leather captains??