F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Subwoofer Enclosures for F-250 SD Ext. Cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Subwoofer Enclosures for F-250 SD Ext. Cab

I just bought a 99 SD ext. cab and I want to install a nice stereo with a 10 inch subwoofer. Has anybody done this? Where can I fit the Sub? I found one sub enclosure so far for this particular vehicle from jlaudio but it is very expensive, at least it is locally.

Old 03-27-2001, 01:48 PM
Thumbs up

Even though I've got a bigger back seat than you do, I still ended up with a custom made box for my 10" sub. It's under the rear seat. I've also heard of some taking the holder "thingy, from behind the rear seat, out and putting the sub there. Also heard of some that have raised the rear seat to creat more room under it for the sub. If you can't find any info here under search then check out www.ford-diesel.com and search their archived sections.

------------------
2k F250 CC SWB 6 speed 4x2 Diesel XLT Super Duty, Woodland Green
Power Mirrors, 3.73 LS, Captains Chairs, ARE tonneau top, rear privacy glass
TT Pkg, Class IV hitch, sliding rear window, running boards, mud flaps
265/75/16 AS OWL tires, am/fm/cassette/cd, rechargable MagLite
Clarion APA 5240 amp, Memphis speakers:Components front, 5x7 rear, 10"sub
SuperChip, Stepshields, Ventshields on windows, rubber bed mat
rugged liner bedliner on tailgate, quick disconnect jumper cables
unaFORDable (decal on tailgate) Western Diesel Turbo Brake (whoa boy)
Finally gauges!!: Pyrometer & Boost on the A-Pillar mount

Old 03-28-2001, 01:46 AM
You also might try www.crutchfield.com

Old 04-05-2001, 02:40 PM
Exclamation

I have 99 F350 Ex cab. I put a JL audio stealth box that replaces the center front seat if you have the 40/20/40 split. For a single ten this this thing is amazing!!

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthboxes/superduty.html

AJ

Old 04-05-2001, 03:36 PM
AJ -

Did you do the install on your stealthbox? Also, what kind of price tag did it come with?

Jeff

Old 04-06-2001, 04:14 PM
If you just pull up the back rest for the rear seat, you have plenty of space between the two holding tabs to put a home made enclosure for one 10" sub. You'll have to do a little fabricating on the backrest itself though. If that isn't up your alley, than you can put a 2" lift on the seat itself and that will make room for an enclosure to house 2-10" subs while maintaining proper airspace for most. Those are pretty much your only options other than the Stealthbox and/or the is somebody that makes an eclosure that doubles as a center console for the rear seat. It houses a single 10". Best of luck. Let us know what you decide to do. I have heard great things about the Stealthboxes though.
Ricky B.

Old 04-07-2001, 04:19 AM
No I didnt do the install myself, but I wish I had. You have to take all the seats out to do it but it looks pretty simple to me.

Then you take the factory cloth off the center seat and put it over the stealth box, run the wires and bolt everything back in.

I used the Fosgate G250a2 to power the sub. My dealer recommened this one or the step up, but this amp works great for me.

I think the hardest part is wiring the stock stereo for the amp, the audio dealers sell a box the converts the high speaker outs to low to match the inputs of the amp. Its pretty simple if you have done any wiring yourself. if not the directions will explain it to you. But if your not using the stock stereo then its that much easier and less expensive, the converter cost about $40.00.

If you are using the stock stereo you will need the keys to take the stereo out, you can buy them at Wal-mart for under $5.00.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions you can e-mail me JetskierAJ@aol.com

AJ

P.S. I did put a whole system in my wifes 2000 Explorer, stereo, subs and amp. pretty easy if you have the Keys to take out the stock stereo.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Enclosures for F-250 SD Ext. Cab