F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Help!

Ok, here is where I stand:

I have a 99 Dodge Ram 4x2 loaded, KBB tells me that the resale value is $17,550 from the mileage, condition, options, etc. I thought my lease was up in 4 months, but my wife takes care of the bills and I actually have 9 months left. LOL I don't know where I got 4. Anyways, I did the math and I should be +$4,300.00 at this point (since the amount of the payments I have made+the KBB=+$4,300.00 over what is actually due). That is if a dealer will give me the KBB value on the trade in.

Is it possible to get out of a lease in my condition from past experience anyone has had? Even if the dealer gives me like $14,000 or so, I should still be in the clear. Since this is a Dodge and I want a Ford, can a Ford dealer make this happen?

I am really anxious to get a new truck.

I bombarded about 6 local Ford dealers for quotes on F-250 and F-350 models. I cannot wait to see what they return with, I am even more anxious to email them back telling them I found a better deal somewhere else to see what they say. They will probably say "Good for you, lots of luck!" and that will be it. lol

[This message has been edited by BigOne (edited 04-17-2001).]

Old 04-17-2001, 10:02 AM
Thumbs up

Last year I was in almost the same situation you are now. I had an F150 and wanted an F250. You're on the right track, doing your homework on the internet. And you've got plenty of time. I found that the minute I mentioned "trade in" the dealer/salesman turned into a shyster. Either they gave me more for my truck and raised the price of the new truck or they reversed that and gave me less for my truck and the new truck cost a little bit less. But both ways they never gave me what my truck was worth. I sold my truck myself. That gave me cash to use as my downpayment. You would be better off if you can get out of your lease without it being connected in any way with the buying of the new truck. When I first started looking at trucks on the lot, salesmen would knock off a few dollars. When I told them I wanted to order, they knocked off about a thousand. I laughed in that guys face and told him to do better next time. Next thing I found out was it's fine to bluff the dealer and say you'll go to another dealer for a better price. They usually don't buy that line. I think all these dealers must have coffee together on Sat morning or something What I did was go to www.autobytel.com They directed me to a dealer, kind of near me, that would sell me a truck for $500 over invoice. I talked with these people and the guy sent me the paperwork stating what they would sell me. First I told him what I wanted. I took this to my local dealer and told them what truck I wanted (keep it apples to apples) listened to their prices, told them what I would pay, they laughed, said no, so then I showed them the paperwork and said that the next day I was ordering this same truck from this other dealer. But that I would really like to buy from my "local" dealer. Just thought you would like to make the sale ect ect ect (lay it on thick here) But if not then you'll just have to go to this other deal that you have in your hand. At this point my dealer is turning a bit green, the salesman I started with is just a bystander, I'm dealing with the head guy by now. And yes, you get to hear the stories about them not making any money to feed the new baby that's on the way. That's when I hit them with the bomb shell of "either make me a BETTER offer or I'm out of here". This worked for me!!! I got my 2000 Crew Cab Diesel XLT for $28700 plus tax/tags. After I signed the paperwork I called my husband to tell him what I'd done

------------------
2k F250 CC SWB 6 speed 4x2 Diesel XLT Super Duty, Woodland Green
Power Mirrors, 3.73 LS, Captains Chairs, ARE tonneau top, rear privacy glass
TT Pkg, Class IV hitch, sliding rear window, running boards, mud flaps
265/75/16 AS OWL tires, am/fm/cassette/cd, rechargable MagLite
Clarion APA 5240 amp, Memphis speakers:Components front, 5x7 rear, 10"sub
SuperChip, Stepshields, Ventshields on windows, rubber bed mat
rugged liner bedliner on tailgate, quick disconnect jumper cables
unaFORDable (decal on tailgate) Western Diesel Turbo Brake (whoa boy)
Finally gauges!!: Pyrometer & Boost on the A-Pillar mount

Old 04-17-2001, 11:25 PM
LOL.Excellent work. You go girl.

Old 04-26-2001, 10:09 PM
Tina -
that's one awesome story :]
hehehe
-SmegZ