F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

f-350 diesel forum where to find

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post f-350 diesel forum where to find

We just bought a 2001 F-350 super crew long bed powersroke 4x4 dually. What are some reliable mods, as it is a company vehicle. I would like to add the semi-style vertical exhaust. also i have heard about chips and intercoolers that add a signifigant amount of horsepower.

Old 05-04-2001, 03:19 AM
www.ford-diesel.com

If they can't help ya no one can.

Congrats on your new ride.

Old 05-04-2001, 09:51 AM
Thumbs up

Welcome to the F150 board. Hopefully after checking out the diesel board you'll still visit over here. There's not many of us diesel folks here so anytime there's a new one, I celabrate
You'll find lots of reading over on the diesel board. one place to check out for performance add-ons is www.westerndiesel.com I've added the pyro & boost gauges on the A-pillar, drop in air filter and the WD turbo brake. For chips check out the computer chips section here. If you do a search in that section for around the time frame of nov 99 , that was when I was asking questions of what a Superchip would do for the powerstroke engine. Superchips make 4 different chips for the PSD, Standard, hot, racer and flip. Flip is two programs on one chip that you flip between as you need to. I'm running the standard because I also tow a 30'travel trailer. Check out my signature as I've got other things on the truck too. That being a company vehical, you might want to look into the jumper-cables that I have on my truck. They're the same kind that you find on tow-vehicals, just a plug is showing in my front grill that I connect the other half of the cables to. And the mag light is very conviente. Any questions, just ask.

------------------
2k F250 CC SWB 6 speed 4x2 Diesel XLT Super Duty, Woodland Green
Power Mirrors, 3.73 LS, Captains Chairs, ARE tonneau top, rear privacy glass
TT Pkg, Class IV hitch, sliding rear window, running boards, mud flaps
265/75/16 AS OWL tires, am/fm/cassette/cd, rechargable MagLite
Clarion APA 5240 amp, Memphis speakers:Components front, 5x7 rear, 10"sub
SuperChip, Stepshields, Ventshields on windows, rubber bed mat
rugged liner bedliner on tailgate, quick disconnect jumper cables
unaFORDable (decal on tailgate) Western Diesel Turbo Brake (whoa boy)
Finally gauges!!: Pyrometer & Boost on the A-Pillar mount

Old 05-04-2001, 02:15 PM
F350, you'd better look hard before you put a chip, brake, or whatever on your truck. It seems that the aftermarket guys tell you that their products won't void the warranty from Ford. The fact is, that Ford can, and usually will, void your warranty for such additions. The aftermarket guys will then vaporize, and you'll be left to fight Ford. This is nothing new, and Ford isn't the only one doing the voiding for the aftermarket stuff. Do not get suckered in by the Magnusson-Moss Act garbage that the high performance aftermarket guys spew out. It's just another means to sell stuff, while you will be left to hold the bag in a warranty dispute with Ford. The Ford Diesel site has some good threads about this. The opinion is to proceed at your own risk.

Old 05-04-2001, 03:59 PM
f-350crew, you were given alot of good advise on the above postings.
Once you get over into www.ford-diesel.com your options with upgrades triple, compared with this gas forum, good people and alot of experience.
It will take you days of searching to get all that diesel info.
The only thing I find wrong with that site is, it upgraded its UBB and I find it very hard to find the type of topics I'm use to reading,like Towing/Hauling, General diesel,etc... GoodLuck

------------------

DOGCAM
dogcam@f150guy.com
01 F-150 SC Lariat
Flareside 4X2,5.4,3:73
LS, Tow Package, Wrong Radiator, battery,shocks and stripping on exterior..MIS-BUILD SnugLid,Dynomax
Exhaust,Kenwood Amps,
Speakers,JL 10" Sub

Old 05-04-2001, 11:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Welcome to the site!

Congrats on the new truck. All I can say is WOW! Both 172" wheelbase AND duals!! I'd be scrubbing those outer tires off the first week!

F-D.com is pretty cool, but don't forget about us over here.

------------------
1997 4x4 Expedition- 4.6L, true dual exhaust w/Ravin DI/DO, K&N air filter, SuperChip, airbox mods, Edelbrock shocks, 285/75R16 BFG ATs, 2000 F150 "XLT" wheels, 4.10 gears, Auburn LS, Clarion In-dash CD player, Smitty Bilt push bars and nerf bars.

2001 4x4 F350 SD XLT CrewCab LWB- 6.8L, Offroad Pkg, HD Suspension Pkg, 3.73LS, TT mirrors, 6-disc CD changer, Remote Keyless Entry, Sliding back glass, tinted windows, GoRhino nerf bars.
NoMo's site

Quick Reply: f-350 diesel forum where to find