F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

problems with my new truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems with my new truck

so i took my truck in to get a first oil change and i mentioned a few things to look at. there was a clunking on occasion when putting it into drive and taking off. well it seems that they need to replace the clutch pad (pack??) in the ring and pinion. havent heard off a clutch pad (pack) in the ring and pinion but oh well. then i mentioned that there was oil on the underside of the hood. they told me that there was an oil line to the back of the turbo with a leak that needs to be replaced. so, they have my truck till tuesday which sucks because i was going to install a kenwood 815 nav package this weekend. guess that will have to wait. anyone else with the same issues? thanks. mitch

Old 01-15-2005, 06:18 AM
So far only problem I've had is the egr valve going bad at 5100 mi.

FM

Old 01-16-2005, 04:50 PM
My 2005 F250 Diesel Lariat had its steering box replaced last week and now I have to bring it back in because, there is bad power steering whine. I had it in for a clunking noise from the suspension but, the dealer can not figure out what it is. I guess that's what I get for spending $40,000 on a truck!!

Old 01-16-2005, 10:47 PM
same thing

that clunking in the rear end is why mine is getting fixed. when you put it in park and then drive and take off, thats when it clunks. They replaced,or should i say are replacing, the clutch pad (pack) because of it.

Old 01-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Re: same thing

Originally posted by r6racer
that clunking in the rear end is why mine is getting fixed. when you put it in park and then drive and take off, thats when it clunks. They replaced,or should i say are replacing, the clutch pad (pack) because of it.
I beleive they are replacing the clutch because you have a limited slip differential.

Old 01-17-2005, 10:27 PM
update

i went in to check on the status of my truck and i'm not that happy right now. the oil line has been fixed but they think they need to drop the tranny and replace the reverse planetary gear. wtf? won't be ready till thurs or friday.

Old 01-17-2005, 10:35 PM
There is a recall for torqueshifts built between March xx and June xx of 2004 for the reverse planetary gear. Seems that some of them are backing out and could cause major problems. If you want more info on this, go to www.thedieselstop.com and do a search in the 6.0 forums for torqueshift recall.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:09 AM
finally got it back

13 days later i finally got my truck back. they fixed the leaking oil line to the turbo and rebuit the tranny. oh well life goes on

Old 02-01-2005, 06:41 AM
My truck was doing the same thing. I also had a problem with it jerking when it was slowing down. i had it in the shop twice, the second time was for 12 days. Guess what it started doing the next day i got it back. Jerking again. I filally traded it in on an 05.

Old 02-01-2005, 12:36 PM
NotScru'dYet cover the recall issue. However, there is also a "clunk" that Ford knows about and says for now, is normal. Reverse, Drive and at about 2-3 MPH you get a "clunk". There is a TSB.

As for the oil spray. If it's right about where the oil filter housing is and sprays back, it's the IC tube. Check the IC tube, top, center, front of the motor. Where the plastic IC tube connects to the alum. elbow it will likely be loose. I found mine crooked and about to blow off and fixed it. Clean it up and tighten the clamp. Most people find out when they are pulling a grade towing and hear a big "POP" and loose power as it blows off.

Everything you described are simple, very common issues. I'd wonder about your dealer, unless they snaked a way around and got some warranty money out of Ford.

Quick Reply: problems with my new truck