F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

What is the Best????

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2001, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post What is the Best????

What is the best chip and air filter for the 99 v10 f250 trucks(4x2)???

Old 01-29-2001, 10:54 PM
Thumbs up

Personally, I don't know the best. You will have to do research to find the one that best suits you. From experience I can say, I put a Superchip on my last truck V8 F150 and it really woke that engine up. I also had a K&N air filter on it and a flowmaster catback. But the chip showed the most dramatic, seat of your pants, improvement. I've also added a Superchip to my PSD but to compair that to your truck is apples to oranges.

------------------
2k F250 CC SWB 6 speed 4x2 Diesel XLT Super Duty, Woodland Green
Power Mirrors, 3.73 LS, Captains Chairs, ARE tonneau top, rear privacy glass
TT Pkg, Class IV hitch, sliding rear window, running boards, mud flaps
265/75/16 AS OWL tires, am/fm/cassette/cd, rechargable MagLite
Clarion APA 5240 amp, Memphis speakers:Components front, 5x7 rear, 10"sub
SuperChip, Stepshields, Ventshields on windows, rubber bed mat
rugged liner bedliner on tailgate, quick disconnect jumper cables
unaFORDable (decal on tailgate) Western Diesel Turbo Brake (whoa boy)
Finally gauges!!: Pyrometer & Boost on the A-Pillar mount

Old 01-30-2001, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Burninout101,

I can tell you that the Superchip is the only one for that vehicle that programs it according to the exact software revision contained within it's computer instead of being programmed "generically" to work in all similar vehicles, the Superchip adds power at all throttle positions, and is also 50-state emissions certified, nobody else has all that. If some one else made a better chip, we'd be selling it. Figure you're going to see about a 10% increase in raw power over what you're making now. At sea level altitude, the maximum rated gains from the Superchip are 29 horsepower and 48 lbs./ft. of torque for your 1999 V-10. For more details about the Superchip for your application, please feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email.

With regards to the intake, I don't know if Airaid or Air Force One makes an airbox elimination kit for your V-10, but surely K&N I think offers their FIPK kit for it. Any of the airbox elimination kits will work well, and add about 15 horsepower to that V-10. I would suggest contacting Roger Lemere for information on the various intake kits, and you can reach Roger at 916-361-2510, and he'll be happy go over that with you.

Good luck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 02-22-2001, 12:03 AM
To everyone that is thinking about putting in a SuperChip for your Powerstroke.

I ordered this chip from Mike last week. It arrived exactly on the day he said it would.
I read the instructions several times like he requested. I did have a little problem removing the computer due to it not coming straight out like the paper said. I did not want to force it since I was not actually sure if there was some sort of new bracket, hidden bolt etc. It was fairly late in the evening when I called Mike. No one answered so I just thought I would mess around with it in the AM. 3 minutes later Mike called me back via his Caller ID. I really did not expect to hear from anyone because how many business have ever called you back when they even said they would much less use a caller ID? After a 3 minute conversation with Mike the Computer was out.

Last night I performed all the necessary work to prepare the computer for it's new Brain. Put it in the truck this AM and it fired right up.

Drove it around for a while and all I can say is "Wow" what a difference. Very, very noticeable increase in power and torque. Now I have to go get my 8000 LB Trailer and give it a real test.

Thanks Mike, thanks for the support and the return call. I did not expect it at all. Too bad other business's cannot operate with your generosity.

Bob Routt