F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

We need more posts in here

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post We need more posts in here

The F-250 and Super Duty area is lacking compared to all the others...specially the Lightning forum. Is it the fact that less people have super duties or that the super duty owners don't like posting as much as F-150 owners? lol Its like a different world in the SD area. No obnoxious posts from 10 year old kids and no flaming.

I was thinking that a coast to coast road trip with a bunch of SD owners would be fun. Along the way there could be some off roading possibly. Does this sound like fun or what? heheh

It could be like the SD version of Hells Angels without all the violence and mayhem. LOL

------------------
My other ride is a...

[This message has been edited by BigOne (edited 05-06-2001).]

Old 05-07-2001, 08:41 AM
Thumbs up

There just aren't that many of us over here!! But if you check out how many posts I've made, it's not a shabby number

About that road trip: do you know about the one for us SD people that's headed to Louisville May 25-29 ??? Over 100 trucks and most of us are pulling trailers and camping. We've taken over one campground (koa in Louisville). On May 24th there's a side trip to the International plant. I believe on Sat, they're doing dyno's. All kinds of venders will be there trying to sell us stuff (which isn't hard to do) And on the 28th people that bring atv's will be taking a trip out on them. All trucks are welcome to show up.

Old 05-07-2001, 09:33 AM
BD
Wink

Yeah, it gets a bit lonely for SD's on this site! But I still learn alot that crosses over to our trucks.

------------------
'00 F250XLT 4x4CrewCab V106.8L Auto 156
Island Blue/Silver
[*]Off-Rd Package[*]3.73LS [*]Hvy Serv.Susp.[*]Tow pkg/Class IV hitch[*]DrawTight Activator II Trailer Brake[*]cloth split bench [*]power seats[*]rear slider/privacy glass [*]Ford clearance lights[*]Line-X bedliner[*]Leer Canopy

coming soon: K&N filter

Old 05-07-2001, 09:58 PM
It been awhile since my last post. With gas prices going up looking to get a F-250 extend cab diesle short bed for towing my 27 ft travel trailer. Any other suggestions for towing?

Old 05-08-2001, 12:54 AM
That trip sounds fun. I wouldn't be able to make it probably since we will be getting settled in down in Virginia for abit. Got lots to do. Not this friday, but the next, we are driving down for a small vacation. I am gonna get to go surfing in 5- degree water...BRRRRRRRRR! We are taking my wifes Honda CRV since it gets better mileage. I will not be supporting the gas companies this time.

Anyways, I couldn't make that one in particular, but I would be interested in another one once I have the time. If gas hits cost per gallon they say it is, it may be better to just pull out of the driveway and come right back in. LOL

------------------
My other ride is a...

Old 05-08-2001, 08:05 AM
Thumbs up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bostondog:
looking to get a F-250 extend cab diesle short bed for towing my 27 ft travel trailer. Any other suggestions for towing? </font>
Test drive both the extended cab and the Crew cab. You just wouldn't believe all the room you get in the CC. Also check out the difference in price between the F250 & the F350 (both equiped the same) The F350 should be only about $800-1000 more. If you do get the F250, make sure you get the upgraded 265/ size tires. They have an "E" rating and that's what you need when towing that 27' trailer of yours. After you get the truck, add some gauges. Are you getting manual or auto??

------------------
2k F250 CC SWB 6 speed 4x2 Diesel XLT Super Duty, Woodland Green
Power Mirrors, 3.73 LS, Captains Chairs, ARE tonneau top, rear privacy glass
TT Pkg, Class IV hitch, sliding rear window, running boards, mud flaps
265/75/16 AS OWL tires, am/fm/cassette/cd, rechargable MagLite
Clarion APA 5240 amp, Memphis speakers:Components front, 5x7 rear, 10"sub
SuperChip, Stepshields, Ventshields on windows, rubber bed mat
rugged liner bedliner on tailgate, quick disconnect jumper cables
unaFORDable (decal on tailgate) Western Diesel Turbo Brake (whoa boy)
Finally gauges!!: Pyrometer & Boost on the A-Pillar mount

Quick Reply: We need more posts in here