F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

v10 headers ?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post v10 headers ?????

I would love to install headers on my 99SD are they worth the money? will I get the milage savings and power out of it , or am I wasting my money. will I hear the exhaust exiting the header (louder) I don`t want a lot of noise coming from under my hood. what are the best headers and what kind of money will I be expection to dish out?

------------------
1999 SD F250, V10,4x4,3.73gears, all the options, bright red,gibson duel exhaust

Old 05-24-2001, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Evan,

Yes, those V-10's do indeed respond very well to a good set of headers.

I would suggest calling Rogere Lemere, of Lemere Enterprises, he runs the F-150 Online Store here for this site). He carries headers for just about any vehicle, and he can give you advice on which brand to go with and the power gains, etc.

Whatever you do, make sure to have the headers Jet-Hot coated, it costs more, but it's well worth it, they'll look beautiful for many years, lasting much longer and also give a bit more power from keeping more of the heat in the exhaust stream, instead of escaping from the header tubes and heating everything up under the hood like headers will do, unless they're properly coated.

Good luck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: v10 headers ?????