F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

lesson learned

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lesson learned

went sleddin' way up in colebrook n.h. took my diesel..and when we left to come home sat the temp was -28 @ 8a.m. got my tank refilled when i got there only needed 15 gal have a 35 gal tank...well it froze...got stuck about 8:30 truck stop draged me in and put "diesel 911" in the tank a blast heater on the tank and 1 hr later ran like a champ all the way home...goes to show ya...(it dont get THAT cold here)..the sign up there says its cut to -40..but i had more fuel from here in it and there's probably much less additave around here..but i have a case of 911 so i'm all set...and by the way they only charged me 20$ for the service...goes to show ya there is still NICE people out there...zap!

Old 01-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use Howes in both my S.D. and Peterbilt. Never had a problem with freezing . I use it in the summer too as it helps lubricate the injectors. A 1.5 litre bottle cost me $12 and lasts about 10 fill-ups.If you are not using it right now and want too I suggest putting in about half a bottle in now and then about a cupfull everytime yuo fill up.

Old 01-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the info...i'll look into it...zap!

Quick Reply: lesson learned