F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Reprogramming 2004 F250 SD/SC

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reprogramming 2004 F250 SD/SC

My neighbor jus had a Diablo Predator brand programmer given to him and he asked me if I would like my 6.0L reprogrammed. I will probably say yes, but was wondering how to get it back to the original program if I need to take the truck to the shop. Just doing the official CYA. Don't want to take it the shooter from Big Blue.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Well thats not quite the way programmers work. When you program a truck is stores the stock program and is capable of only storing one program at a time. The programer locks the VIN in and cannot be used to program another truck until the orignial programming is returned to the original truck. This is done to keep people from doing EXACTLY this. If you do manage to remove the stock programming from the tuner (yes there is a way, and no I'm not going to say how) the orignial truck cannot be returned to stock. If it needs to go in for any service work the dealership won't be able to read the PCM as their readers won't recognize the new programming. If it is removed and there is a problem the dealership will need to reflash the PCM. This will also most likely void the warranty as programmers aren't exactly covered and severely frowned upon. Oh, and FYI if your friend has a 7.3L truck the programmer won't even work as the 7.3L and 6.0L aren't compatible.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the response. Guess I'll have to save my money and get one for myself. We both have 2004 6.0L diesels, but mine just had a new program installed two weeks ago, so I would have to say mine is newer.

Quick Reply: Reprogramming 2004 F250 SD/SC