F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

V10 Strange missfire

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V10 Strange missfire

HI, I have a 2004 SD V10 6spd manual with 7000miles on it. A few months ago, it started something really odd. Just off idle, when releasing the clutch from a standing still situation, just as I got going it momentarily kinds stalls, like a huge missfire, and then gets going again. No its a stall from releasing the clutch at too low of RPM. It can do it well above 1000rpm, and with the torque of the V10, the thing can take off at ridiculously low rpm when the situation is not occuring.

This problem is quite intermittent, but lately more common. There are no codes in the computer. Twice I checked, as recent as last night.

I have had missfire from bad coil packs before on a 5.4L, but this feels different, it almost feels like the engine just quits for a fraction of a second. It only happens off idle when getting going at a light or stop.

Any ideas? I search the forums with no luck.

Thanks

ET
84 and 86 Mustang SVO
95 Probe GT
04 F250 and Escape.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:14 AM
I had nearly the same thing happen to my 02 V10. Seemed as though it would only happen when the engine was "cold". Had it in the shop 3 times, said there was nothing wrong, then the third time they replaced one injector. Problem happened one more time after that but knock on wood has not happened since. I always thought that someone had put something in my gas tank, but never found out, and now it runs just as it did the day I bought it.

Hope this helps

Steck

Old 02-14-2005, 08:11 AM
May have found the problem

While doing some checks on the TPS this week-end, I finally had a resaonable and logical thought...

What about the swicth on the clutch pedal !!! That would makes sense that the engine momentarly dies when releasing the clutch at a stop. This thing in on some form of sliding shaft, probably stciking.

Quick Reply: V10 Strange missfire