F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2003 F350 Fuel Gauge Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2003 F350 Fuel Gauge Issues

OK HERES THE RUNDOWN.
MY TRUCK WAS IN AN ACCIDENT A MONTH AGO.
NOW THAT I HAVE GOTTEN IT BACK, AND HAVE PLAYED THE GAMES WITH THE SHOP SEVERAL TIMES I HAVE A NEW ISSUE. MY GAS GAUGE IS PEGGED. I SHOULD HAVE ABOUT A HALF TANK AT THIS POINT.... I TURN IT ON AND IT GOES STRAIGHT TO PEGGED.
QUESTION ONE: COULD THE IMPACT OF MY ACCIDENT HAVE CAUSE THIS, I HAVE 45000 MILES ON MY TRUCK.
QUESTION TWO: IS THIS SOMETHING EASY TO FIX, I AM GETTING TIRED OF DEALING WITH THE SHOP, IF I TAKE IT BACK IT WILL BE MY FORTH TRIP! RIDICULOUS!
PLEASE HELP ME!

Old 02-09-2005, 08:30 PM
YES!
During a hard impact, the float gets thrown upwards and will jam it's self on the top of the tank.
The tank will have to be dropped and the float released. The only part you will/should need is the fuel pump O-ring.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:17 PM
ok then in that theory, shouldn't it have happened right at the time of the accident not after the fact? the actual accident was on the 1st of the year and it is now just starting to happen, but it was a dead straight head on accident....

Old 02-15-2005, 08:48 PM
what the shop found....

just a brief overview, the shop found it to be a short in the gauge itself. which requires the replacement of the entire cluster.. chaching! not to mention whatever labor it may be... (thats if i get it done) who needs to know how much gas we have anyway?
i kind of like always having a full tank! just wish i didn't have to fill it up...

Quick Reply: 2003 F350 Fuel Gauge Issues