F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Console removal for mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Console removal for mod

I am wanting to remove the center console (05 F250) in order to mount some audio inputs on the back side of it as well as an AC plug from an inverter. I rather have some instruction before jumping into this. Anyone have any info for this? I'm sure it's just a few screws but I rather know for sure so I don't break anything.

Old 02-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Go to a dealer and get a print out on the center console,it shows everything.I got one for my 2003 so I could see how it was installed and all the parts it has if want to do something to it.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Dealership? Oh my. I'm just lucky but I've not had many good experiences there but when I get my free oil change, I might ask if there willing to copy that page for a poor boy like me. Someone in the F150 area sent me a pdf of it. Think it came from a tech manual on CD. Hoped someone here had something similar for the 250.

This is a down the road project when I have the money to feed the beast with a new mod Just planning early.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:34 AM
I took mine out. There are just 4 bolts in the bottom. I found it much easier to have it on my work bench when I mounted my PhatNoise MP3 player to the inside back of it. You can also take it apart and you will see the back part comes off. This is for an aftermarket video system like the ones you can get for the Expeditions. I also cut a small hole in the bottom of mine and ran the connecting cable under the console and then under the carpet and up in behind the dash.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:20 AM
I thought it might be that easy but I rather know before I jump into it. Thanks parashutes!

Quick Reply: Console removal for mod