F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

F250 slide out cup holder size?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F250 slide out cup holder size?

Anyone know if this is a true single DIN ? I thought it would be cool to mount a single DIN scanner there as I don't need 4 cup holders in the front of the cab.

I've not found any info on this and wondered if anyone has removed it and used it to mount something more useful

Old 03-04-2005, 09:47 AM
That's a pretty good idea. I never thought about trying to mount anything there.

* pictures video screen sliding out from where cup holders were *

Not sure if it's the exact size or not but if anything, I would think it's bigger. If it is you could remove it and make your own filler panel/brackets to mount that.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Who wants to be the first to try it? If the dang new scanner I wanted wasn't $499 I try it but I'm way too tapped right now for that.

Gotta get my tag first

Old 03-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Well I just finished my system today. I put a Kennwood DDX-7015 in the dash. I put the Kennwood navigation system in the Glove Compartment and the Kennwood Music Keg MP3 computer in the center console. I also cut out a slot just below the TRB controller to install my Cobra CB Radio. Everything looks and works great.

I tired to mount the CB in the dash cup holder. It was a no go. If you take out the Cup holder by taking out the two screws you will find the shape of the cup holder to be unique. This is because there is not a lot of room behind it. The ducting for the vent to the right of the radio comes right up behind the cup holder. Over all space from the dash inset to the ducting is about 4 inches on the right side and 6.5 inches on the left side. Not enough for most electronic components that will take up the entire cup holder spacing. Most components are square and so if they are 6 inches across then they are about 6 inches deep.

Hope this helps, but since it is so easy I would recommend taking it out and looking for yourself.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Did you cut up a F150 kit to install the 7015 into your dash? I still don't like the look of my as it's not a nice fit. Got pics?

Quick Reply: F250 slide out cup holder size?