F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Telescoping Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Telescoping Mirror

I recently had somebody come by and tear of my driver side mirror on my 2000 F250, which was non telescoping, and I was wondering if putting telescoping mirrors on would be a job i could do my self or if I would have to bring it to a Ford dealership. I looked behind where the mirror is connected to the body, but all i saw was a couple of rivets connecting it and 1 bolt. Thanks

Old 06-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
It is a popular swap to do, so it can be done. Sorry I don't know the specifics because mine came with the trailer tow mirrors. Look on ebay for people selling their old trailer mirrors after the other popular swap of switching to the mirrors with turnsignals in them.

Adrianspeeder

Old 06-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your old mirrors were the equivalent of the telescoping ones in the out position. I would suggest if you get one get both so they match. If you want a simple swap out get them from MY01 and older. The MY02 trucks have a breakaway forward and back, but they use a different plug requiring some wiring. If you want to run the 03+ mirrors with the turn signal and heated glass you're talking some more extensive wiring to make it work. I like them, but I did not want to put up with the hassle of doing that swap. To change the mirrors pop off the small piece of plastic in the very front corner. This will expose a couple bolts. You then need to remove the door panel (one screw behind the door light). Then its just unbolt and plug and reassemble. The swap on mine took about 20 minutes for both sides. Ebay is usually the easiest place to find them.

Quick Reply: Telescoping Mirror