F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

superduty with a cummins??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation superduty with a cummins??

Has anyone heard the rumors about ford putting the cummins motor in the 2007 superduties?? I was told that Dodge was stopping their use of the cummins and Ford was gonna start using them and possibly the Allison tranny...i might be wrong but this is what I heard...anyone else hear this??

Old 06-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
This is the oldest rumor in the hills. NO!!!!

(and ford doesnt own any part of cummins either, so that doesn't come up)

The 07s WILL have a 6.4L international twin turbo and the torqueshift tranny. I will be in line for a six speed however.

Adrianspeeder

Old 06-09-2005, 07:36 PM
It would be really nice if they put an allison tranny in them. The trannys in them arent bad but theres nothing like and allison transmission.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:25 PM
A 6.4 Twin Turbo International. Man that sounds badA$$!!! DO you know any projected specs? I just bought an 05 Crew Cab Lariat and love the 6.0 and thought I would not have get a new ride for 5+ years, but now I might have to upgrade!
ANd the new trannys work great! I have heard they are even better once a performance chip has eben installed as it acts like an improved TOW HAUL mode to hold gears and reduce down shifting.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I'd put the 4R100 up against a similar allison used in the Chevys anyday. Most times I see someone trying to swap in an Allison they're just doing it because of the rep allison has with large truck trannys, not the one they've had with the small truck division.

As for the 6.4L TT engine I'll bet the setup will be a parrallel design with one small turbo on each bank of cylinders instead of a series setup. I'd much prefer to have a twin turbo setup in series. You are capable of much higher boost numbers thus, more fuel. The best setup, which I doubt Ford used, would be a small turbo feeding into a larger turbo. This would give you a good low end spool up with the smaller turbo, then you have the larger turbo that will spool up with higher rpms when you get more fuel.

Quick Reply: superduty with a cummins??