F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

6.0L Vs. 7.3L Diesel Engines

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Platinum Edition is something that you have to like. It's not bad, but not my taste.

The 6.0 wins, hands down. Tuner? 6.0 wins even more. Which is better? ???? Many will say the 7.3 is the one to have for the long haul and working.

Old 10-04-2005, 12:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FamilyRide
The Platinum Edition is something that you have to like. It's not bad, but not my taste.

The 6.0 wins, hands down. Tuner? 6.0 wins even more. Which is better? ???? Many will say the 7.3 is the one to have for the long haul and working.
Someone needs to race heads up, a 6.0 vs 7.3L. I watched the videos on the Diesel Innovations website, not bad, I love pulloffs or tug-o-wars, but they were done on grass and were disappointing in [video] quality. I am just curious, not doubtful, but how do you figure there is such a significant performance increase in the 6.0, enough to remark "hands down". Also, how do you figure the 7.3L is better for what you call "working" if the power is substantially lower than the 6.0, what kind of working are we talking about here (pulling, hauling, etc)?

Quick Reply: 6.0L Vs. 7.3L Diesel Engines