F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Lighted Side Mirror Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lighted Side Mirror Question

I have new a 2005 King Ranch S/D. When the headlights/park lights turn on the side mirror lights illuminate, however the driver side has seven small "bulbs" vertically inside the lens and the passenger side has 5.
This is somewhat noticeable at night. Anyone have any insight? Is there supposed to be 5 or 7? Is this the intention of design? What do you have?

Thanks for everyon'e help.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Amazing, just awhile ago I backed into the drive and a gentlemen coming over to buy my old ARE bed cover pulled in right behind me. I left my truck running to cool down and the headlights were on becuase of light rain. As we were walking around I noticed the same exact thing that the driver side has 7, and the passenger side has 5. I just replaced the driver side since an ahole hit my mirror on a narrow bridge and busted out the LED section. I thought today that maybe the one I picked up from FORD was different....

Now I need to check the signal LED's....8 on driver side, 6 on passenger side.

2005 F250 6.0l CC FX4 XLT Sport Package in Black

Last edited by harleyrider; 10-05-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Very interesting....I just went outside and checked mine after turning on the left and right blinkers and mine too had 8 on the driver side, 6 on the passenger side. Sounds like we're the same. Now I am very curious as to why is it this way. Is there a logical reason?

Old 10-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I read a post last night on another forum about the LED light count. According to the individual posting the info, the mirrors on the 05's have 5 LED's in the marker light and 6 LED's in the turn signal. The older mirrors have 7 LED's in the marker and 8 LEd's in the turn signal.

I wonder if you got a combo of some new stock and old stock??

Old 10-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Well, when I picked up the back portion of the mirror (driver) at the dealership, the parts guy did say that there are 2 part numbers for the same piece. There is a cut off date of 10/04 for the production date. My truck was built in 10/04, so he brought out a piece to compare to the one on the truck. It was in stock, the 11/04 + piece was out of stock all over the state. We compared it and it looked identical. Didn't think to count the LED's. Therefore, that might be why mine is different.
Buster, maybe the dealership or transport company busted the mirror and the dealer replaced it or maybe like said above, the factory had a mix of old/new parts.
Since I can't see the LED's while driving, I guess I won't worry about it....

Last edited by harleyrider; 10-06-2005 at 08:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Lighted Side Mirror Question