F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

diesel performance...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
diesel performance...

looking to get more out of my 05 crew cab 250. used to drive a lightning to i want to make this hog a little faster. what can i dohttp://www.dieselperformanceparts.com/cgi-bin/search.pl/dieselshop?f_success=dieselshop2&e_unique=EJF2000?
is that all talk? or will i notice an improvement?...looking to spend under 1000

Old 10-18-2005, 09:45 PM
I have no idea what you're trying to link to on dpp's site. For your 6.0 if you're looking for good power get yourself an SCT Xcal2. I'm not a 6.0L guy so I haven't looked too much into this, so I'm unsure if the xcal2 has gauges or not. I know the Xcal doesn't. If this doesn't the very first thing you need to get is a set of gauges (pyro, boost, and trans). And before you say anything I don't care WHAT gauges you have in your dash, they're just idiot lights. They aren't true gauges.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:05 PM
go to www.thedieselgarage.com they will have all the info you need. For around 1k you could get an xcal2 and exhaust.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:09 PM
a programmer is all you need the 6.0 is a beast but when you get rid of Fords crappy programming the beast will raise hell!

Old 10-22-2005, 03:47 PM
I can give you the basics but thedieselgarage and thedieselstop will have everything you need.

First, Gauges, Gauges are a must so you can keep and eye on everything.

Next i would go with an exhaust to free up the airflow

an intake isnt really necesary as the donaldson flows just fine but if you were to go with one def. get the Afe with progaurd7

The best tuner out there is the Xcal2 dealers can customize tunes for YOU. check out www.innovativediesel.com

If you have an extra couple grand laying around go for the ARP or ATS headstuds and gaskets. The stock headstuds are weak and the gaskets dont seal real well and with all of this extra power it is possible to lift the heads and "puke" most dont see this but some do...to keep your truck 99.9% free of this forever go with the studs and gaskets

Other than that like Nos and meth/water and proapne is up to you...if you race its nice but a daily driver i wouldnt suggest any of it...

$1000 dollars might get you gauges and an exhaust...arond $1500 for the sct exhaust and guages...with the sct,exhaust, and gauges you would be pushing 420hp and 750+ ftlbs

good luck!

Quick Reply: diesel performance...