F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Need help with some accessories

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006 | 10:03 PM
|
Need help with some accessories

ok, got the truck, 2006 F250 4x4 CC 6.0 Lariat.

Now I am looking to see what other have that look good/function well.

First thing I need is some window deflectors. Stopping in light rain or heavy dew causes the roof run off to come right down on the window controls. Is tape on or in channel a better option? any recommendations.

Looking for some sill plate protectors (before I wear away my paint). Can't seem to find any for the 2006. Does anyone know if 2004, 2005, 2006 are the same. Again any recommendations?

Lastly (sorry for so many), I live in the northeast and have typically had all my vehicle undercoated. This typical would last well for a vehicle you plan on keep for 5 or less years. After that, the road salt typicaly starts to deteriorate the coating and everything eventually rusts. Has anyone used the electronic type rust preveters? Again any recommendations?

Thanks and appreciate the feedback.

Old 05-24-2006 | 12:46 PM
Congrats on the new truck.

Personal preference on window deflectors would be the tape on. Had a vehicle a few years back that had in-channel, and after a couple years, I had to 'help' the windows up as the deflector put just enough bind that the channels became worn and the window would bind.

Sill protectors for a 2005 Superduty should work and I believe 2005/6 essentially have the same body, was mainly a trim change.

Electronic rust preventers -- good possibility . Tthey were available 30+ years ago when I started driving, so they must do something or they wouldn't still be around.

Old 05-25-2006 | 12:04 PM
Save your money on the "electronic rust preventers." Although the principle is sound, the execution sucks. When I was in college (Mechanical Engineering), we calculated if this kind of thing was actually possible while we were studying corrosion. The good news: It was! The bad news? The extension cord will get in the way when you want to drive the vehicle. Yes, 12 volts isn't nearly enough to make that type of system work. Why have these systems been around for so long? As P.T. Barnum once said; "There's a sucker born every minute." Don't be one of them.

Old 05-31-2006 | 12:19 AM
Door Sill protectors form an 05' will work just fine.

Quick Reply: Need help with some accessories