F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

question?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006 | 05:55 PM
|
question?????

i have a buddy who wants some extra power from his 05 stroker... i told him to shop around and see what he finds, so he came across the edge attitude and juice i think it's called??? the guy said that's what he really pushes in the 6.0 so he asked the guy about a superchips programmer and the guy was really really down on it... said something about voiding the warranty and he's seen alot of tranny problems with the superchip? have any of you guys seen this to be true??? i am a big fan of the superchips in gas pickups but didn't really hear anything about the diesels??? any info would be great

Old 07-05-2006 | 11:30 PM
LMAO, he's saying the superchips has tranny problems. Then what the hell does he think the Juice is going to do? The Juice for the 6.0L is a tranny killer. Superchips is decent, but its not my favorite. He needs to get an Xcal 2 for the truck. Best thing out there for the 6.0L currently.

Old 07-06-2006 | 10:34 AM
|
well that's what i was thinking... i told him to go with the xcal 2... is there really a big differece in gains between the 2?

Old 07-06-2006 | 05:53 PM
Poter

does he have, or will have upsized tires? I went with the Superchips Flashpaq 1805 because, as far as I know that is the only version from SC that will give tire size options in the program. However, the power gains are slightly lower.

Scott

Old 07-07-2006 | 12:42 AM
The Xcal2 lets you use custom programs that can be written to the specific truck and udated as mods change. The Juice does not have this feature.

Oh, and as far as warranty, ANY chip, module, or programmer will void your powertrain warranty so fast it will make your head spin. Bottom line if warranty is really an issue then you need to stay away from mods until its up.

Old 07-07-2006 | 01:28 AM
powerstroke73 is right on the money about the warranty issue, even if he had a powertrain problem and stripped everything off the truck and put it back to stock, once they pulled the motor apart there is no hiding the overspray pattern on the pistons, then your truck is apart and your looking at thousand of dollars worth of repairs, I defenetly
would be very careful about "chipping" a 6.0, my opinion is
its not worth it, headgasket are already weak from factory

Old 07-07-2006 | 02:50 PM
|
he does have oversized tires on, and from everything i've ever seen on the 6.0. i didn't like the idea of chippin his, and he's not sure if he's going to yet, just trying to get him some insight.... would a pipe help him out much as far as milage and power gain or not worth the money by itself?

Old 07-08-2006 | 12:31 AM
An intake and exhaust would help him out, but the benefits would be seen best when a chip is added. My exhaust and intake were worth every penny.

Quick Reply: question?????