F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

05 PSD vs 06 PSD

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
When I first got my truck I used a warm damp microfiber cloth to wipe the seats down, then after they dried I used meguiars (step 2) aloe conditioner, and have been using the meguiars ever since. I did just order 2 bottles of the king ranch leather conditioner and have it sitting here on my desk to try tomorrow. The king ranch brand conditioner has a leather smell to it v/s the clean smell of the meguiars, so I think I will be using the king ranch brand from now on to keep the leather smell.

I have never dealt with any other king ranch seats other than my own, but I would think when you apply some conditioner it should darken the seats up a bit. I had a tiny scratch from a belt buckle on one of my rear seats and some conditioner fixed it right up.

The info tag that was on my seats said to condition 2 times per year, but I do it every month.
Thanks much for the help, going out to try a spot tonight

RollingRock

(See, I haven't even had time to update my sig)

Old 10-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Thanks much for the help, going out to try a spot tonight

RollingRock

(See, I haven't even had time to update my sig)

Let me know how it turns out for you. Grab some pics of the before and after.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Let me know how it turns out for you. Grab some pics of the before and after.
ARGH....its not going like I thought it would.

Ok, sorry no pics...but I can tell you I have come to this conclusion.

Who ever had this truck before me, had it in the sun all the time and NEVER conditioned the front seats.

I have been working on these suckers for 2 days solid.

What have I done?

Cleaned the seats with McGuire's Step 1....let it soak a little not much.

Then I pounded Step 2 on the seats and was very generous...let is sit and wiped it off. After dry, repeated the conditioner step 2 more times.

I bought some LCPR, but it was so thin I didn't think it was doing anything.

Do the seats look better? YES. Do the match the back. NO.

I took the advice on the steering wheel to heat up with water then let dry...coated with condinter...will check that in the morning.

Any other help would be appreciated...

Quick story....I went to my TT storage area...hooked up the TT and the truck didn't squat at all. Maybe .5 inch. Pulled it up the highway, 35 W-North for 10 min...holy cow batman...that PSD is strong.

Tow/Haul is cool and the Tow Command is impressive.

Thanks again...i will be here waiting on your comments to tell me how screwed I am on the seats?

Should I consider getting them professional dyed?

Old 10-08-2006, 02:35 AM
Hard call on the seats without pics. I guess upkeep is key on the seats.

The tow/haul is sweet. I love the tranny in the 250's.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Hard call on the seats without pics. I guess upkeep is key on the seats.

The tow/haul is sweet. I love the tranny in the 250's.
I will get some photos today...

JP

Old 10-08-2006, 11:14 AM
I took some quick shots of the seats...

In my gallery under mods and travel trailer

Any help would be appreciated.

I think the seats are pretty moist right now after yesterday I am sure that after driving today, they will look different.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:33 PM
The seats still look damp in the pics. I am not sure that you can ever get the front seats to match the back. The front will fade faster than the back because the back seats are shielded some by the factory tinted back glass and the front seats are in the direct sun from the clear front door glass and the clear windshield.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:48 PM
The seats still look damp in the pics. I am not sure that you can ever get the front seats to match the back. The front will fade faster than the back because the back seats are shielded some by the factory tinted back glass and the front seats are in the direct sun from the clear front door glass and the clear windshield.
Do yours show any fading?

Ford is tinting my front windows on Monday...hope that helps and I did find a guy locally in Texas that can "restore" King Ranch seats. Not sure what that means but i know for sure that a certain Ford Dealership uses them in Texas due to the fact that there are so many KR's.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Hmm.....an 06 traded with only 10k on it and somewhat abused leather seats. To me it sounds like it might have been a quick trade off due to problems. I'm always leary of very new vehicles traded back in with low miles. Its too late now, but you might try having someone run an Oasis report on it to make sure its clean before you get it. This will list any and all warranty claims against the truck.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
Hmm.....an 06 traded with only 10k on it and somewhat abused leather seats. To me it sounds like it might have been a quick trade off due to problems. I'm always leary of very new vehicles traded back in with low miles. Its too late now, but you might try having someone run an Oasis report on it to make sure its clean before you get it. This will list any and all warranty claims against the truck.
I asked the same question, but it was sold at the dealership and the person who bought it, traded for Lariat with 0% when they ran the special last month.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:03 PM
When I first got my truck I used a warm damp microfiber cloth to wipe the seats down, then after they dried I used meguiars (step 2) aloe conditioner, and have been using the meguiars ever since. I did just order 2 bottles of the king ranch leather conditioner and have it sitting here on my desk to try tomorrow. The king ranch brand conditioner has a leather smell to it v/s the clean smell of the meguiars, so I think I will be using the king ranch brand from now on to keep the leather smell.

I have never dealt with any other king ranch seats other than my own, but I would think when you apply some conditioner it should darken the seats up a bit. I had a tiny scratch from a belt buckle on one of my rear seats and some conditioner fixed it right up.

The info tag that was on my seats said to condition 2 times per year, but I do it every month.
Just an update...I did the warm rag treatment followed up by a nice cleaning step 1...then followed up by LCRP...getting good results...going slow and doing one section at a time...they are looking better and better. I think I will get the KR stuff and do the seats once a week for a while to keep get them as close to normal as possible.

Thanks again for all your help.

On another note. I am getting my stereo from my F150 put in the 250 tomorrow. Going to be a glorious day indeed. Never knew how much I loved my integrated ipod in the truck.

Will send pictures of the install as it unfolds.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Nice looking truck, the sun here in TX will roast the seats, definitely a good idea to have tint on the windows. Mine sits out all the time, and with tint on all the windows (went darker over the factory windows on the rear) and always using a Sun Shade, have had no fading yet....I had talked to the Company (Color New) that does the redying of the seats, there are some other message threads on the site here, sounded like a very straightforward process and I've got their info. tucked away should the seats start to go south in a few years....

Last edited by plunds01; 10-10-2006 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by plunds01
Nice looking truck, the sun here in TX will roast the seats, definitely a good idea to have tint on the windows. Mine sits out all the time, and with tint on all the windows (went darker over the factory windows on the rear) and always using a Sun Shade, have had no fading yet....
Thanks....I did get my front windows tinted on Monday...whoever had this before just didn't give a chit about the seats. There is so much dirt on them its amazing.

We'll plug away...

If I can just get our building management company to raise the signs in the parking garage that would be helpful. Scratched the top of my truck today...am I having bad luck or what?

Old 10-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Just an update...I did the warm rag treatment followed up by a nice cleaning step 1...then followed up by LCRP...getting good results...going slow and doing one section at a time...they are looking better and better. I think I will get the KR stuff and do the seats once a week for a while to keep get them as close to normal as possible.

Thanks again for all your help.

On another note. I am getting my stereo from my F150 put in the 250 tomorrow. Going to be a glorious day indeed. Never knew how much I loved my integrated ipod in the truck.

Will send pictures of the install as it unfolds.
Glad to hear the turn around on the seats. I miss my audiophile in my 04 lariat. I can't wait to get my eclipse nav unit and some subs in mine.

I did finally get my a.r.e. bed cover on today after a long wait.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:45 PM
RollingRock, congrats on the new vehicle, very nice, & you picked the best color
The option packages seem wierd, you have the KR and have the color matched wheel lip molding trim with chrome bumpers. I have the XLT and have color matched bumpers with out wheel lip molding trim.

04 Red Lariat, I noticed in your picture you have a unit between the visors mounted to the headliner. What is that, and did it come with your vehicle? I miss the overhead storage that my previous F-150's had in that area.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=6941

Quick Reply: 05 PSD vs 06 PSD