F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2000 F350 Diesel Fuel Neck small?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 F350 Diesel Fuel Neck small?

We bought this truck used. I'm in CA, truck was originally sold in Colorado.

Never noticed this before but the other day we went to a truck stop to fuel up, they have different, larger nozzles for the big diesel trucks and they flow a lot faster. Nozzle won't fit in my truck though! I looked at other F350's that happened to come in around the same time, they all could handle the nozzle just fine. A friend has a 2001 and I confirmed that he has the big opening as well.

Is this a Colorado thing or a 2000 thing? Is it something that can be changed out fairly easily? Part numbers by any chance?

Ken

Old 01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I dont konw about the smaller necks but the big necks have filters right before the fuel goes in the tank. And filling with the big nozzle being that it flows faster it takes long to fill because the neck is long and narrow (unlike the tank on a semi were its just a hole in a tank there is no neck)there for cause foam to build up hitting the sencer on the end of the nozzle. So really its faster just to use the small nozzle.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm ok with the speed not being faster. We haul a gooseneck horse trailer and the big truck fueling area is better to get in and out of with the trailer and the lines are shorter.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:49 PM
hey i'm with you but i have a 02 and i'm in and out of truck stops myself pulling a big horse trailer.... i've run to cali and out to vermont.... if i dont usually have to pull into the tractor side.... look for the rv filling islands... thats what i do...

Quick Reply: 2000 F350 Diesel Fuel Neck small?