F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Painless Modules?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painless Modules?

I see that Painless makes Performance Modules. They have for a 2005 F350 6.0 Diesel a Striker Turbo Timer,EBC Diesel Exhaust Brake Controller Module and a EBTC Diesel Brake/Trans Control Module. Anyone know anything about this product?

Old 02-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Question

Not one Ford person out there know anything about Painless Modules?

Old 02-09-2007, 11:02 AM
nope, never heard of it

Old 02-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Is there something bad about Modules? All of the pros and not one post!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Stay away from the companies that simply try and get into the diesel market as a side line deal. Go with the people who make diesels their only business. This goes double for the 6.ohno. You need someone who knows how the code and the engine works since that engine is pretty sensitive to what you put on it.

Oh, and if you value your powertrain warranty in any shape or form you will keep any power adders off the thing. Ford can tell if any chip, programmer, or module has been installed on the truck if they dig deep enough.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
Oh, and if you value your powertrain warranty in any shape or form you will keep any power adders off the thing. Ford can tell if any chip, programmer, or module has been installed on the truck if they dig deep enough.

Just be sure to (hard) reset the ECU prior to taking it in.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by LTNDave
Just be sure to (hard) reset the ECU prior to taking it in.

Doesn't make any difference, they can still find out if they dig deep enough. Granted most times a tech isn't going to go that deep, but its there. If there is a questionable or high dollar warranty claim you can bet (especially on the 6.0) that the auditor will dig very deep. Also resetting the PCM will also give the tell tale signs of missing memory segments that are left after someone resets the PCM after removing a chip.

Can you get away with it sure, can you get caught just as easy and lose your powertrain warranty, you bet.

Bottom line, if you value your warranty in ANY shape or form then you'll keep the truck 100% stock. Otherwise be prepared to pay for playing.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Has anyone ever experienced any problems with there 6.0 and the dealer refused any repair? I keep reading about warranty may be voided if you use a Programmer or module.I know the there is always one person that wanted to add 250 HP and ruin the motor then blamed it on the programmer but what about a not so boosted program?

Old 02-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by skirk55
Has anyone ever experienced any problems with there 6.0 and the dealer refused any repair? I keep reading about warranty may be voided if you use a Programmer or module.I know the there is always one person that wanted to add 250 HP and ruin the motor then blamed it on the programmer but what about a not so boosted program?

If you read through the old posts and archives on TDS you will see quite a few denied warranties when the dealer finds a chip had been installed. Back in the early days of the 6.0L just about any chip was unsafe for them. But like I stated in my first post, a poorly written chip by someone who is just trying to get into the diesel game as a side line, even on a low settting, can be very dangerous. If written wrong it can start lifting heads and all other types of nasty stuff. Thats why I said go with someone who makes diesels their only business and has alot of focus on the 6.0L. Get yourself an SCT from Elite Diesel or Innovative Diesel. Both have some very good 6.0L safe programs that will minimize the chance for failure. Now I say minimize because there is no guarantee that something won't go wrong.

Quick Reply: Painless Modules?