F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

F-250/F-350 5.4L Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F-250/F-350 5.4L Performance Mods

I'm new here and I'm hoping to get some help from y'all. I have an '08 F-350 FX4 CC SRW 5.4L, 6 speed on order and it should be here in the next 6 weeks or so.

I ordered it planning on doing some performance mods on it right away but I've been finding out over the last couple of weeks that most of the mods I planned (supercharger, etc.) will only work on the F-150 version of the 5.4L...or at least that's what the people who answer emails at those company's are saying.

I've seen a few of you with moded 5.4's in your rigs on this site...can you please give me a heads up on what's available and where to get it from? I need the basics of course, free flowing intake and filter, chip, headers and anything else you can think of short of nitrous.

Any help for the n00b would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
John

--------------------
On Order from Bobby Williams 3/15/2007!
2008 F-350 CC SRW FX4 156"
Black/Black
5.4L/6 Speed
Navigation
Audiophile Audio
Sirius
PowerScope Mirrors
Trailer Break Controller
Upfitter Switches
Power Seats
18" Rims

Also in the stable:
1965 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop, since new!
1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V, 45k mile beauty!
2004 Ford Escape Limited, daily hauler.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Wow, I can't believe that I posted this question nearly 3 months ago and I haven't gotten a single reply!

You mean to tell me that none of y'all have a modified 5.4 in your Super Duty?

John

Old 05-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Sorry I never saw this thread or I would have replied.

I have a Troyer tuned XCal2, Airaid Jr. intake and a custom bent Magnaflow exhaust. My truck runs great, much better than stock. The XCal2 made the most difference but the intake added a little and the exhaust sounds great! If you plan on doing the exhaust, I recommend Magnaflow... I had an IMCO on before and the Magnaflow definitely makes more power.

Last edited by Ray21; 05-24-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Melovidov21
Sorry I never saw this thread or I would have replied.

I have a Troyer tuned XCal2, Airaid Jr. intake and a custom bent Magnaflow exhaust. My truck runs great, much better than stock. The XCal2 made the most difference but the intake added a little and the exhaust sounds great! If you plan on doing the exhaust, I recommend Magnaflow... I had an IMCO on before and the Magnaflow definitely makes more power.
Hey thanks for the reply!

Okay, I found Troyers web site now and I'm good to go there. Did you have to modify the Airaid Jr. or did the have one to fit your rig? A friend will be doing a custom bent after cat dual exhaust for me probably next week and I'll talk to him about Magnaflow too.

Any idea what kind of hp/tq gains you got with those mods?

John

Quick Reply: F-250/F-350 5.4L Performance Mods