F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Ford not standing behind warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the delay, Business is busy.

I'll see if I can clarify.

The truck went to the dealer 3 times, I paid for one assesment in Nov, They suposidly looked at it, tested injectors , turbo etc and charged me $ 250. I don't think they drove it at all.

As far as the time line, this took place from Nov 06 to May 07 when the problem appeared. A far as the other companys, I've had all the makes and the other two will ( used to ) bend over backwards to help.

Ford told me to have the truck assesed at a ford dealership ( hot line) When i asked if they were going to look after this they told me ( prior to the repair) to take it to the dealership then call. So I did

It was assessed, repaired and then I called again, because It was out of warrenty they would not look after it.

Had I known that i would have had it fixed at a cheaper rate garage, not to mean second rate just cheaper shop rate.

There reply in regards to the first report in Nov was basicly "OH WELL DOESN'T MATTER" that was then not today.

Will i buy a Ford again ? Probably not, waiting for the Toyota Diesel

Stevlin

Last edited by stevlin; 07-20-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Plain and simple. He didn't have the work done while it was under warranty. He KNEW that there was a problem with the truck, yet he still drove away from the dealer without it being fixed. Now his warranty is up, and his truck is screwed, and now he's bitching about his warranty. He's complaining a little bit too late here...
As if you would't do the same, how many times can you shove the truck in someone's face and ask them to fix it.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by FamilyRide
If that is the case, then this thread is worthless and he's SOL. He wants Ford to take his word for it? Ford doesn't cut checks to owners, they pay warranty claims to dealers who perform warranty work. If it was even "Ford's" warranty.

Could it be that the dealer knew they'd have to fight tooth and nail and may not get a claim paid, or that what the warranty would pay them was not worth messing with it? Sure. But that's the dealer, not Ford or the warranty.

He should have gone to a different dealer, or stayed on that dealer to the extent that Ford got involved. Ford sees a service that says, "no problem found". Done.
If this is the case then Ford should come good for it, when you complain about the same problem and have them put it on the work order, Ford does see this, they just don't want to admit to it.

If you bounce from dealer to dealer then you and your vehicle gets ear marked and your definitly SOL.

Any way you look at it they screw you.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by stevlin
Sorry for the delay, Business is busy.

I'll see if I can clarify.

The truck went to the dealer 3 times, I paid for one assesment in Nov, They suposidly looked at it, tested injectors , turbo etc and charged me $ 250. I don't think they drove it at all.

As far as the time line, this took place from Nov 06 to May 07 when the problem appeared. A far as the other companys, I've had all the makes and the other two will ( used to ) bend over backwards to help.

Ford told me to have the truck assesed at a ford dealership ( hot line) When i asked if they were going to look after this they told me ( prior to the repair) to take it to the dealership then call. So I did

It was assessed, repaired and then I called again, because It was out of warrenty they would not look after it.

Had I known that i would have had it fixed at a cheaper rate garage, not to mean second rate just cheaper shop rate.

There reply in regards to the first report in Nov was basicly "OH WELL DOESN'T MATTER" that was then not today.

Will i buy a Ford again ? Probably not, waiting for the Toyota Diesel

Stevlin
I agree with you 100%. Ford should fix your truck. If I were you, I would go to another company too. I hope Ford never treats me like that. My truck is financed through Ford Credit and I would tell them to shove the truck where the sun doesn't shine if they screwed me like they are screwing you. I hope they at least provided you with a little lube and a reach-around!

Old 08-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Dude everytime I take my truck in its never technically covered under my warranty. So if I were you F the dealership and start pricing elsewhere.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I agree with you 100%. Ford should fix your truck. If I were you, I would go to another company too. I hope Ford never treats me like that. My truck is financed through Ford Credit and I would tell them to shove the truck where the sun doesn't shine if they screwed me like they are screwing you. I hope they at least provided you with a little lube and a reach-around!
Fords not going to fix it, if anyone could do anythign the dealer could help you pay for it but the warrenty is up Ford is not going to help you, you can complain and bitch to who ever you want at Ford the wont cover it. Your only out is to try and help you out with the bill.

BTW freekyfx4- Ford credit and Ford Motor Company are two different divisions in Ford and they hate each other the dont care what happens in the service end. Your truck is sickkkkk also.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Geez...after reading all the comments! I'm going to go into the dealership and 'force' my case for any repair needed (if need be of course). I remember my '89 Mustang had the tranny fixed 3X before its warranty was over no questions asked! Sure, I drag raced, but they still fixed it. Are they that an*l now??

Old 08-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by PUMPED 101
BTW freekyfx4- Your truck is sickkkkk also.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Ford not standing behind warrenty