F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

7.3L Diesel quitting at various speeds

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, new problem:
Took the truck out today, can back and parked in front to my condo. When I went to move the truck I found an oil spot under where it was sitting. When I crawled under it I saw a few pink transmission fluid drips hanging from the rear of the transmission pan (area near the rear cross member). It wasn't dripping before the pressure wash, and now it is. It was actually my father who did the pressure washing in the engine bay and underneath, so I don't actually know what all he did when he was under there.

My main question is, what could cause the leak? Would the pressure washer have killed the pan gasket...or is this leak a problem that could be casued by the engine dieing and restarting in drive? I checked the dipstick and the fluid in the tranny is still where it needs to be. Excuse the questions if they are totally dumb, I normally drive/have worked manual trannys, so automatics are fairly unknown for me.

And...I have not gotten a chance to replace the sensor yet, where I live you cannot work on your vehicles in the condo area.

Last edited by chixwithtrix; 07-10-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Quick Reply: 7.3L Diesel quitting at various speeds