F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Please help me diagnose this problem...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help me diagnose this problem...

First thing I noticed is the miles per tank left has been acting up. It will just start dropping miles per tank like 1 every 10 seconds, then after it gets to like 9 or 10 miles left it jumps back up to 66 miles left. Did it twice yesterday and once this morning. Now that this problem started, I dont have a clue if this has anything to do with it or if its just a coincidence, but when I shift into either Reverse or Drive, it takes like 2-3 seconds for the transmission to actually engage... any ideas? Computer problem?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tlapan93
First thing I noticed is the miles per tank left has been acting up. It will just start dropping miles per tank like 1 every 10 seconds, then after it gets to like 9 or 10 miles left it jumps back up to 66 miles left. Did it twice yesterday and once this morning. Now that this problem started, I dont have a clue if this has anything to do with it or if its just a coincidence, but when I shift into either Reverse or Drive, it takes like 2-3 seconds for the transmission to actually engage... any ideas? Computer problem?
Yes that is strange. Call Ford on that one. Mine has been doing some strange stuff with the AC but I suspect its all related to the PCM.

Quick Reply: Please help me diagnose this problem...