F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2008 F250 Crew Cab Hard to Find?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 F250 Crew Cab Hard to Find?

I'm considering upgrading to an F250 crew cab with the 6.4 when the lease expires on my 2006 SuperCrew. I've been using Ford's "Build my Ford" on their web site, and every time I search the local dealers there are no matches in inventory.

I'm considering an F250 Lariat Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.5 foot box, Diesel, Automatic with a fair number of other goodies. All I get back in the dealer searches are Supercabs.

Are these trucks hard to find? Do I need to order one early so it's here when my lease is up in November?

Last edited by A2SuperCrew; 09-13-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:17 PM
I have been to a bunch of dealers in the last few weeks and there seems to be plenty of crew cab Lariats on the lots.One dealer told me that sales had been very slow recently.I am talking out CA way though so maybe things are differant out east.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
It seems that would be one of the more popular combinations I see on the road... I would suggest just calling a dealer and asking if they have one somewhere.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And just so you know, you can't get a 2008 with the 6.0L. It'll have the new 6.4L Powerstroke.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
And just so you know, you can't get a 2008 with the 6.0L. It'll have the new 6.4L Powerstroke.
Woops! My Father-in-Law has a 2005 with the 6.0. I've got that number stuck in my head.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
It seems that would be one of the more popular combinations I see on the road... I would suggest just calling a dealer and asking if they have one somewhere.
Looks like I'll have to resort to a phone call. I was hoping to minimize the time period dealing with a sales person.

Originally Posted by rpkiwi
I have been to a bunch of dealers in the last few weeks and there seems to be plenty of crew cab Lariats on the lots.One dealer told me that sales had been very slow recently.I am talking out CA way though so maybe things are differant out east.

Maybe it is just a regional thing. The economy here in Michigan stinks, so maybe the dealers are just not ordering as many.........

Old 09-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I would have guessed the opposite would be hard to find.... a lariat SUPERCAB, doesn't seem to be many of those around.

Trending Topics

Old 09-13-2007, 06:33 PM
There is probably 20 on the lot just like you want at the dealership I got mine from...Lariats and King Ranchs. They order them loaded because they know they will sell...hell you cant hardly find one without every option on it. I dont think I have seen a 2wd one.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:54 AM
My area really has NO selection what so ever. There are 6 dealerships in the area and out of all that inventory, there is only 1 crew cab and its a King Ranch F350. Mostly extended cabs. I did an inventory search in Ram's area and like he said there are DOZENS of Crew Cabs! WTF??

Old 09-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Interesting.........I searched dealerships a little farther from Ann Arbor and found rural dealers do have a few crew cabs in stock. Like Ram pointed out, they are LOADED with every single option. Even moon roofs! I don't really want a moon roof in my truck. I also want a bench seat rather than captians chairs. I need the six seat capacity once in a while if the kids each bring a friend along camping. It seems like the inventory strangeness is in other areas outside my own, but at least some trucks are out there!

RAM, I see you made the transition from SCrew to F250. How has it been? Any advice for someone who is considering this change?

Last edited by A2SuperCrew; 09-14-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by A2SuperCrew
Interesting.........I searched dealerships a little farther from Ann Arbor and found rural dealers do have a few crew cabs in stock. Like Ram pointed out, they are LOADED with every single option. Even moon roofs! I don't really want a moon roof in my truck. I also want a bench seat rather than captians chairs. I need the six seat capacity once in a while if the kids each bring a friend along camping. It seems like the inventory strangeness is in other areas outside my own, but at least some trucks are out there!

RAM, I see you made the transition from SCrew to F250. How has it been? Any advice for someone who is considering this change?
Mine had the bench seat in it and I hated it...I wound up swapping my "20" to a guy on here for his console. Of course I have no need for seating for 6 is the only reason I did.

As for advice from going to a F150 Screw to a SD...DO IT. This SD is 10 times more truck than the F150 was, it was like going from a Ranger to a F150. You loose virtually nothing in the ride, MPG is about the same (a little better than they were in my old truck actually), interior space and compfort blow the F150 away, the new PS is smooth and quite (for a PS). The only down side is it does take a open field to park....that sounds petty but it really is a problem sometimes. But again all I can say is if you can afforad the difference get a SD and you wont regret it a bit.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Cool! Thanks Ram! Thanks for your feedback.

I've got the 6.5 foot box on my SCrew, so it's about as long as the F250. Parking can be a pain, but I like to park waaaaay out at the back of the lot anyway. Always back in too.

My Father-in-law has a 2005 F250 equiped just the way I like it. It's a wonderful truck. I've borrowed it quite a bit in the past, and before I got my Screw actually drove his 250 for over a month one summer. I'm a big guy (6'5" tall) and appreciate the roomy interior. Especially on long trips.

I don't like leasing anymore. I've leased F150's for years, and think I'm ready to purchase a truck I can keep for a long time. I'd be very happy if I could get a 0% interest loan on a 250!

I like the Diesel motor. Slightly better fuel economy with much more power. I do tow a camper. It's only a 2500 lb pop-up, but when we're fully loaded with kayaks on the roof and bikes in the bed, it would be nice to just spool up the turbo to cliimb hills. Eventually we will upgrade the camper too, most likely to a fifth wheel. (After the truck is paid off) It would be nice to have the option to use biodiesel fuel too. I don't believe E85 is a good alternative fuel. (But that's another thread.)

I get A Plan pricing through my Dad, so that makes the sale price much more acceptable.

I just love the way the F250 looks, and drives!

Quick Reply: 2008 F250 Crew Cab Hard to Find?