F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

air filters?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air filters?

I was just wondering what air filter you all recommend to put in 7.3l? Also how often do I need to change the fuel filter, I just got the truck and it has 71,000 on it do I need to change it? Thanks in advance!

Old 09-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Howdy and welcome!

My '02 still has the stock ford filter at 35k because the air filter restriction gauge hasnt even come to a third of the way restricted.

What year is your truck? Where are you located?

Adrianspeeder

Old 09-15-2007, 10:00 PM
well with all the performance tips that are given in here I thought for sure someone would have had a filter preference, I am new at owning a Diesel so I was just asking to get the best performance / mileage out of my truck that I could get. Evidently changing the filter must not be that big of a deal, I was beginning to wonder if I had posted something I shouldn't have since I hadn’t gotten any replies. My truck is an '03 I am in Tennessee. Thanks

Old 09-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by lukester18
well with all the performance tips that are given in here I thought for sure someone would have had a filter preference, I am new at owning a Diesel so I was just asking to get the best performance / mileage out of my truck that I could get. Evidently changing the filter must not be that big of a deal, I was beginning to wonder if I had posted something I shouldn't have since I hadn’t gotten any replies. My truck is an '03 I am in Tennessee. Thanks
Just be patient. You'll get some replies...Sometimes it took a few days before I got enough information that I could use.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:46 AM
You will want to use the Ford OEM part as a replacement. I have the 6.0 and have been told by the lead PSD tech as well as Erik from Innovative Diesel (Tuner) to use the stock airfilter b/c it is the best out there for our trucks.

when using a K&N or others you run the risk of introducing dirt into your system.

But if I were to look at a "cold air" intake for my truck, hands down i would buy the AirForce One.

But for me, the stock one works fine.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by lukester18
Evidently changing the filter must not be that big of a deal, I was beginning to wonder if I had posted something I shouldn't have since I hadn’t gotten any replies. My truck is an '03 I am in Tennessee. Thanks
No worries at all man, this is just a slow time of the year for people on the forum. Any questions at all, post em up.

You have the very last few of the 7.3Ls being an '03. Hold on to that truck!

Your biggest worry is letting dirt through and sandblasting the turbo, so thats a reason I run the stock filter.

Adrianspeeder

Old 09-16-2007, 10:27 AM

Last edited by adrianspeeder; 09-16-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: double post

Trending Topics

Old 09-16-2007, 08:11 PM
thanks for all the respones I guess I will be replacing my filter with a factory one

Old 09-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
You will want to use the Ford OEM part as a replacement. I have the 6.0 and have been told by the lead PSD tech as well as Erik from Innovative Diesel (Tuner) to use the stock airfilter b/c it is the best out there for our trucks.

FYI this does not apply to the 7.3L. The factory filter is mediocre at best. On top of that it does not flow a very high amount of air. The 6.0L has basically the AIS box on it which does filter very well and flows well. You can get this from Ford and is a very good box to run, but its $200+. My choice (as stated in your other thread asking this very question) is a DIY intake with a Green filter. It will flow ~1400cfm and still filter better than stock.

Quick Reply: air filters?