F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

F250 oil change question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F250 oil change question...

Well i need some help for a freind who owns an 06 f250 Lariat.

He says he takes his rig in for an oil change only because he does not know how or if one can change the reset themselves.

Is there a way to reset it himself or does he HAVE to take it in for oil changes all the time?

I dont know much about F250's so if i need to ask him for further info let me know guys....

Old 10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
What reset are you talking about? I have changed the oil on my '06 F250 Lariat three times now and have yet to see a maintenance reminder. My wife's Odyssey has a maint. light, which I reset each time, but I was not aware that my truck had one.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
He wanted me to go on the forums and ask. I guess he has an information center in his cluster that tells him how many miles he has done between oil changes and he cannot reset it unless he has his oil changed.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I have a an 06 Lariat with the info center too. I don't remember seeing any 'change oil' light or gauge or 'low oil' lamp for the trucks. Looking in the manual didn't reveal anything either. My 89 Mustang has the low oil lamp and my 06 Imapla has all the dummy lights you can imagine.

Last edited by Pagnew; 10-17-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Im going to give him a quick call.... brb

Old 10-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Well just talked to him. It seems he was confused because some d-bag in the dealership told him he had one. He had never seen it, but when he gets his oil changed they told him he has one and it gets reset everytime he gets an oil change. He thought it was very odd that he had never noticed it and wanted me to ask you guys.

Mystery solved apparently.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Does he have a gas engine or diesel? To reset the maint. reminder on my wife's Odyssey, I turn the key to the "on" position (not start) while holding down the trip reset button, until the light goes out.
I usually change the oil in my truck every 5,000 miles, depending on the amount of towing. At what mileage interval does your friend change his? Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough to see the maint reminder.

If you can't find the answer here, try http://www.thedieselstop.com/
or
http://www.powerstroke.org/

Oh well, too late. Just saw your response after posting this. He should ask for some free oil changes from the dishonest dealer.

Last edited by BIG_BLUE_FX4; 10-17-2007 at 08:27 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 10-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by BIG_BLUE_FX4
Does he have a gas engine or diesel? To reset the maint. reminder on my wife's Odyssey, I turn the key to the "on" position (not start) while holding down the trip reset button, until the light goes out.
I usually change the oil in my truck every 5,000 miles, depending on the amount of towing. At what mileage interval does your friend change his? Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough to see the maint reminder.

If you can't find the answer here, try http://www.thedieselstop.com/
or
http://www.powerstroke.org/

Oh well, too late. Just saw your response after posting this. He should ask for some free oil changes from the dishonest dealer.

Insane...the tricks dealers go through!!! That's seriously F'd up! and I don't feel good about swearin' either!!!!!

I have a few BS stories about a dealership out here in West Michigan since I moved out here. It sucks because I am afraid for ANY dealership to even touch my truck these days!! I am considering doing ALL the maintenance myself (of course keeping all receipts in case of some warranty dispute). H#@@ I'm afraid of approaching them with warranty work if needed!!!!

Do the GM/ Chevy dudes go throough this c&^%!

Last edited by Pagnew; 10-17-2007 at 11:16 PM.

Quick Reply: F250 oil change question...