F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Slider Window

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slider Window

We just bought a used 2005 F350 Super Duty Diesel. The back slider window will not open.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this with bypassing the dealer?

Other than that, this truck is perfect with only 26K on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by cluniefan
We just bought a used 2005 F350 Super Duty Diesel. The back slider window will not open.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this with bypassing the dealer?

Other than that, this truck is perfect with only 26K on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Motor could be stuck...have someone help you when you press the button, try giving it a nudge. If it does open, grease it up, the rubber prob has sap or something holding it. If that doesn't work, lay the rear seats forward and have someone press the button, listen for noise. If you don't hear the motor, you could be out a few bucks. You can take that rear carpet off yourself, its not hard.

My .02

Old 10-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Motor could be stuck...have someone help you when you press the button, try giving it a nudge. If it does open, grease it up, the rubber prob has sap or something holding it. If that doesn't work, lay the rear seats forward and have someone press the button, listen for noise. If you don't hear the motor, you could be out a few bucks. You can take that rear carpet off yourself, its not hard.

My .02
I agree with rollingrock, Just to be sure though, is it a power slider or a manual sliding window, if it is the slider it may be the motor.......

I have the manual slider and it jams up a little every once in a while because I never use it.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Is this a power or manual window? I once had a 69 Ford I bought used and the rear sliding glass was stuck, well not really the guy who had it before me had stuck a welding rod in the track to keep it from opening, "The old 2X4 in the sliding glass door trick" The plastic latch was worn out.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:46 AM
A while back, I was talking with my service advisor about the same problem - not on mine, but my daugheters F150 FX4. He told me to take a cake spatula , put a couple drops of dish soap on the end, and run it along in both the interior and exterior channels of the slider. It freed her window up and now it slides better that it did when she bought the truck.

Quick Reply: Slider Window